Status Update: March 26th, 2019:
We squashed the bug mentioned on March 8th and are ready to release firmware 25.26 to all SmartThings Hubs 2015 and 2018 (aka Hub V2 and V3). We will be pushing the update to customers in waves starting tomorrow. Visit status.smartthings.com for progress updates.
Status Update: March 8th, 2019:
While deploying 0.25.20 we discovered an issue affecting a small number of users. The issue has since been resolved. As a result, we have halted the deployment of 0.25.20 and will plan to release 0.25.22 firmware after completion of internal QA. We will communicate the next release by posting to the community and update https://status.smartthings.com/.
V2/V3 Users that received the initial 0.25.20 will be receiving 0.25.22 on Thursday 3/14.
Original Post: March 4th, 2019:
We’re excited to announce the release of Samsung SmartThings Hub firmware version 0.25.20. Please note that when your Hub receives the update, Z-Wave and Zigbee functionality will be disabled for up to 5 minutes as the system is upgraded.
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub V2)
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub V3)
- US - between Wednesday, March 6 at 10:00 am to Friday, March 8 at 9:00 pm EDT
- EU - between Wednesday, March 6 at 3:00 pm to Saturday, March 9 at 2:00 am GMT
- New Z-Wave framework that positions hubs to support upcoming features and updates (stay tuned for more news on this soon!)
- Local support for the following devices:
- Fibaro Dimmer 2
- Fibaro Motion Sensor ZW5
- IKEA color bulbs
- Updates and bug fixes for some hub-connected devices:
- Firmware update to version 0x000000220 for the Zen thermostat
- Fix bug preventing manual control of GE/Jasco Zigbee in-wall switches and dimmers
- Address discovery issues for some non-WWST certified Zigbee ZLL devices
- Better support for repairing faulty Wi-Fi connections
- Factory reset button no longer reboots hubs - use power cycle instead
- Other minor bug fixes and stability improvements
- Manual change of older Z-Wave switches/dimmers are detected and reflected with delay.
- Zen thermostat firmware update removed due to issues updating from v2.00.
- Users are advised to avoid a soft factory reset as this may require the user to re-add securely included Z-Wave devices.