Hub Firmware Release Notes - 25.26

Status Update: March 26th, 2019:
We squashed the bug mentioned on March 8th and are ready to release firmware 25.26 to all SmartThings Hubs 2015 and 2018 (aka Hub V2 and V3). We will be pushing the update to customers in waves starting tomorrow. Visit status.smartthings.com for progress updates.

Status Update: March 8th, 2019:
While deploying 0.25.20 we discovered an issue affecting a small number of users. The issue has since been resolved. As a result, we have halted the deployment of 0.25.20 and will plan to release 0.25.22 firmware after completion of internal QA. We will communicate the next release by posting to the community and update https://status.smartthings.com/.

V2/V3 Users that received the initial 0.25.20 will be receiving 0.25.22 on Thursday 3/14.

Original Post: March 4th, 2019:
We’re excited to announce the release of Samsung SmartThings Hub firmware version 0.25.20. Please note that when your Hub receives the update, Z-Wave and Zigbee functionality will be disabled for up to 5 minutes as the system is upgraded.

Hub Targets

• Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub V2)
  • Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub V3)

Release Date

• US - between Wednesday, March 6 at 10:00 am to Friday, March 8 at 9:00 pm EDT
  • EU - between Wednesday, March 6 at 3:00 pm to Saturday, March 9 at 2:00 am GMT

Release Notes

• New Z-Wave framework that positions hubs to support upcoming features and updates (stay tuned for more news on this soon!)
  • Local support for the following devices:
    • Fibaro Dimmer 2
    • Fibaro Motion Sensor ZW5
    • IKEA color bulbs
  • Updates and bug fixes for some hub-connected devices:
    • Firmware update to version 0x000000220 for the Zen thermostat
    • Fix bug preventing manual control of GE/Jasco Zigbee in-wall switches and dimmers
    • Address discovery issues for some non-WWST certified Zigbee ZLL devices
  • Better support for repairing faulty Wi-Fi connections
  • Factory reset button no longer reboots hubs - use power cycle instead
  • Other minor bug fixes and stability improvements

Known Issues(s)

• Manual change of older Z-Wave switches/dimmers are detected and reflected with delay.
  • Zen thermostat firmware update removed due to issues updating from v2.00.
  • Users are advised to avoid a soft factory reset as this may require the user to re-add securely included Z-Wave devices.
11 Likes

Does this update include the changes to the way Zigbee messages are sent to the DTH as seen in the firmware 25.x beta, as described by @Zach_Varberg in this post and original mentioned here?

Yes, it does.

1 Like

I’m scared

2 Likes

Which DTH will this use? Reason for asking I the the current embedded DTH that works with the new app does not work with Dimmer 2 modules below version 3.5

This one

Seeing that both v2 and v3 are now on FW 25.x yet the ADT hub is still stuck on FW 20.x – when will the ADT hub get feature parity with these hubs or is the ADT hub going the way the @SmartThings v1 hub went? I sure hope that I didn’t;t invest in another dead piece of equipment after my hub v1 when buying the ADT hub which at the time was the latest and greatest offering…

3 Likes

That is a problem then bevause it tries to set parameter 38 which does not exist in Dimmer 2 versions prior to 3.5

Those older devices wouldn’t use this handler?

did an email notice go out about this? Less than 24 hours out and I still haven’t gotten one.

1 Like

I’ve not seen one but it doesn’t drop until Friday and Saturday so there’s time.

says it starts March 6th which is tomorrow…

Starting with the 24.X production firmware release, we decided to use the SmartThings Community as the official and sole forum for these announcements. So there won’t be an email.

1 Like

You’re right. I did not read it properly. I initially only saw the end date.

I need more sleep!

1 Like

Same question regarding the Samsung Connect Home on FW 22.x.

coming to the Australian v3 hub?

Australia doesn’t have a V3 hub, do they? Just V1 and SmartThings WiFi.

3 Likes

Correct, and the V1 was the kickstarter version. ET-WV525 for the current SmartThings WiFi model.

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/3100

Correct - this is the one i was referring to.

:sweat_smile: