Hub Firmware Release Notes - 20.17

(Alex) #184

@Brad_ST - I changed a number of Aeon Door sensors over to using the local DTH but the battery is not reporting its status. This is an issue I had prior as well and had found that a configuration setting was set not to report battery status. While hacking a cloud based DTH I was able to get it to work but I would much rather use a local DTH. Is the battery reporting in the local DTH supposed to work regardless of sensor make and model?

6 of my zigbee bulbs have stopped responding after this update. i did raise a ticket but the support guys are yet to get back on this.

I even tried resetting one of the bulbs (Osram Lightify) by cycling on/off 5 times but to my surprise even that didnt work.

(Zach Varberg) #186

Hey Alex I looked into this and everything is working as expected. With events in SmartThings they only get saved if they are a state change, otherwise we don’t propagate them. In your custom DTH it looks like you are manually setting isStateChange to true, so it will always show up in your event history. However, that isn’t normally the way things are done. I can see in your logs that several of the devices in question have reported battery since the update, but since the values reported were still 100%, they aren’t state changes and thus they don’t show up in the event history.

(Alex) #187

@Zach_Varberg - The issue with the default DTH and the one I was using prior to hacking it was that it always reported 100% regardless of the real value. I was then told to modify it so that it didn’t force the setting over and over and I am not sure I succeeded in doing so as a number of sensors are stuck at 100% for way longer than I have ever seen them do so. I would need to test things with a known partially drained battery to verify they all actually work. I will try that with the default DTH and report back.

(Zach Varberg) #188

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.