Hub Firmware Release Notes - 19.19

(Nick Stevens) #81

Ah, I misunderstood. Pretty sure it is a collaborative effort with both ST and Samsung engineers.

Unable to connect to KS8000
(Marcelo Alves) #82

Hello.

I did that and using different browsers, the site that is opened is the same https://graph-na04-useast2.api.smartthings.com/

And when you are in there, your Location / Hub / Devices are not there?

If that’s the case, get in touch with support and let them know. This similar thing has happened to quite a few folks recently and support had gotten their accounts situated correctly.

(Realy Living Dream) #84

Ya, that works. I’m still waiting for a supprt reply from August. " We need more info and will get back to you ".
Firmware Version 000.018.00022
Last Activity At 2017-12-06 4:55 PM UTC
Last Ping Forced From Server Attempted At 2017-11-21T23:39:47.933Z
Last Ping From Hub At 2017-12-06T16:54:50.346Z
Last Updated 2017-08-30 5:15 PM UTC

It can’t be the first time, otherwise you would be on version 19.17.

(Marcelo Alves) #86

Tks. I will do that!

(terence peace) #87

Thank you.
I just don’t understand why they(Samsung) don’t just down grade our firmware. Very simple to do.

(Peter Richardson) #89

Just wanted to comment - another seamless change. Seems the guys at Smartthings are getting better at this with each cycle - thank you. Compared to a couple of years ago this platform is way, way more stable!

(Kevin) #90

My biggest complaint with this update… It turned device health on and didn’t tell you. Unless ST thinks its ready for primetime…again… Device health sucks and ends up causing more problems than what its worth if you have more than the ‘basic home monitoring kit’, IE anyone on this forum it seems.

(Ray) #91

This hub firmware update did not turn on my health check but the Android ST App update did. It was a pain for sure. This hub firmware is actually very smooth for me.

(Nick Stevens) #92

Can confirm - device health is not controlled by Hub firmware. I’m not sure how the mobile app change was decided.

(Kevin) #93

Ok, I apologize :slight_smile: After hearing people talk about it I went and looked today. Yup it got turned on lol. Sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

(Jimmy) #94

I’m around 75 devices and really like device health :man_shrugging:t2:

(DavidK) #95

@KevinH @prjct92eh2
At 96 devices and also really like device health.

since the last firmware update on dec 04, 4 out of 7 ST devices got the “become unavailable”, not working at all, changed battery, device health off, reset hub, reset devices, changed wifi channels… nothing works, had been working flawlessly for over a year but the last 2 updates seemed to break everything…please help

(Steve White) #97

I can confirm this behavior on iOS too.

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #98

@nastevens something isnt’ right with the new firmware. I’ve seen the hub crash/reboot 4 times in the past hour and has been crashing/rebooting every hour since the firmware was updated. I just checked the event logs and it’s rebooting every hour or so as far back as I can see.

This never happened before with the .17 firmware.

(Brad) #99

Previously device health wasn’t enabled by default for all users. Over the past few months there has been quite a bit of work put into improving the reliability of device health. That work is still continuing but for a unified experience, device health was enabled by default for all users starting last week. As Nick said, this change is independent of the Hub firmware.

You can toggle the feature off in the mobile app per location though we hope you use it. If you do see issues with it, please contact our support team and let us know the specific type of device and what kind of issue you are seeing. Adjustments can be made to the device handler so it helps us to know which ones are more problematic so we can target those.

(Steve White) #100

I will second RBoy on this. My hub crashes anytime any group of devices is controlled. This leads to incomplete routine execution, or broken device states, etc. It has also resulted in my house being left unlocked more than once. Stability has become pretty bad.

(Mr Bob Dobalina) #101

All of my devices say not available. I have rebooted soft and hard. Device health off and on. Still nothing. I’m not going to setup 40 devices. We need a solution.