Hub Firmware Release Notes - 19.17

Sure. But in general the default DTH that they install as on the initial install is the “SmartThings” one and usually it runs local. You can always uninstall one, exclude it, and rediscover to see what it comes up with. For example GE Dimmers probably should just use the “Dimmer Switch” DTH, Iris Door Sensors try the “Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor” DTH, zigbee outlets try the “SmartPower Outlet”, etc. Your devices list should tell you if its running local or cloud.

Also keep in mind some just can’t run locally. Like my “Z-Wave Water Valve” currently…the Fortrezz one does work locally so I tried it but its output is the opposite of the Dome water valve I have so I can’t make it “close” when water is detected. And if I modify the Fortress DTH it then is custom and no longer works locally so I’m stuck until the generic is made to run locally.

Other then that use custom Smart Home Monitor rules and SmartLighting rules to have stuff run locally.

Can confirm that SmartLighting with Sunset/Sunrise run locally, all my routines are sunset to sunrise:

Turn on Outdoor Front Porch Light at sunset -10 min     Update     local
Turn on and set level of Kitchen Sink Light when motion starts     Update     local
Turn on and set level of Outdoor Garage Light when Garage Door Tilt Sensor opens     Update     local 

-Allan

1 Like