Hub Firmware Release Notes - 19.17

Thanks for your hard work!

Please, pretty please, don’t kill our Xiaomi devices this time :confused:

2 Likes

Does this also impact the new ADT Hub?

Mine have stayed working on the beta. I think I’ve added some Aqara water sensors while on it, too.

Kinda newbie here, by beta you mean your published DH or some beta ST hub firmware?

As I said in another thread my aquara moisture sensor is eatin batteries like mad, at 1% for almost 3 days

I hope it fixes the issue whereas the Echo has no clue what’s going on and randomly thinks device doesn’t exist.
(But works fine in ST.)

+1

Also is there a reason the Fortrezz water valve runs locally but the generic “Z-Wave Water Valve” runs in the cloud? Usually the generic devices run locally but this one doesn’t.

hub firmware beta. the pre-release version of this firmware. give those sensors a bit to level out. mine dropped to 1% and then bounced back up to 100%.

We don’t have a specific timeline available but we are looking at this for a future firmware release.

I know this is a pain point for many users, but the hub firmware isn’t directly involved with the battery status and so this release won’t change this for better or worse. We sometimes include device firmware updates that change how the voltage is reported by the sensor but this release doesn’t include any such change.

Nope, not this time :slight_smile:

This update only applies to the SmartThings Hub V2.

The Fortrezz Water Valve DTH has just been around longer and so support was added for that to run locally when the Hub V2 first came out. I added a ticket for local support for the Z-Wave Water Valve to our backlog.

4 Likes

I’m I right in assuming that the ZigBee RGBW lamps, will only run locally if your using the “Stock” DH? Or doesn’t that matter? If it is, is it something that we can add to the DH?

I wonder if they added better support for Z-wave extenders made by Aeotec ?

Correct. No custom handlers run local.

1 Like

Is there a full list of current locally executable Device Handlers and SmartApp Automations available?

I saw only one kind of unofficial list and it’s outdated: FAQ: CONFIRMED: Local Processing - Working Device Handlers

Here are some device handlers that will run locally on Thursday.

Thanks! Does the “new” Zigbee RGB DH support ColorXY based devices (such us that the IKEA ones) as opposed to the most common Hue/Sat devices? Or should I still use my custom DH for it? (in which case, are there any plans to implement this, as this is also standard in the Zigbee Color cluster)

3 Likes

Can you please STOP automatically updating our hubs without our permission. I want an option to only do manual firmware updates. Once again you are updating my hub while I am away from home. This is unacceptable. Users should have an option to do updates when it is feasible to them and they can react in case something goes wrong.
If ST cannot offer a way for users to opt out of automatic updates, I will be forced to dump ST as my home automation system and move to a different solution.

1 Like

:rofl: I love it!

And what will that other solution be?

3 Likes

There are many solutions out there. That is not the point. The point is that a vendor updates your firmware without considering that something can go wrong and if the user is not home they can‘t even react to it or even switch things off manually when something is out of wack.
Just imagine you router vendor would do the same and your internet goes down while you are on vacation. Or in the case of ST, imagine a DH breaks that controls your security cameras and now you lose that security you installed for a reason.
Users should be able to update their firmware at their leisure and not when the vendor decides to release it.

2 Likes

Thanks, but the updated list of newly added Device Handlers is already in the first message of this topic. The list you mention was for the beta firmware, seems ST also added a couple Z-Wave DTHs after that.

What I am looking for is the complete list of all currently offline-capable Device Handlers and SmartApp Automations up to date. Strangely can’t find it anywhere.

1 Like

Its a cloud based device what are you expecting? The more people on different firmwares the cost of support goes up, and the running costs legacy servers etc.
Hue have allowed you to delay but its not long before they force you otherwise there official app wont let you do anything

2 Likes

Is that one solving the “ghost uuid” issue I had previously when my device IP address changed and a sendhubaction answer wasn’t received in the parse of the same instance but by the older and disappeared instance.