Hub Firmware Release Notes - 18.18

All my sensors are inside, they haven’t seen a temperature below 15C or above 28C. Most of the time it’s between 20C and 24C.

Hi Nick,

The hub got updated. But the sensors do not seem to have updated. I am looking at the Multipurpose sensor in IDE.

Current Version: 0x11015310
Target Version: 0x1F075310
Last Updated: N/A
Last Checked: 2017-07-20 4:30 PM BST

Is that right?

my sensors were randomly updated some time after the hub firmware update

I was happy to see this update. I have been having Samsung branded devices falling off left, right and centre! I was disappointed to find multiple devices offline after the update (next to the hub) which needed a battery pull to work as restarting the hub didn’t fix it. The multi sensor I have still shows as offline 99% of the time even when it’s next to the hub. It’s useless. There isn’t even a firmware update for it… I think it must be faulty. How does it go working fine for a year or so to hardly at all… I’ve had multiple support calls open for it…

Edit: I found that when the battery was out it showed as online in the app and on the IDE. Put battery in and it goes offline… I performed a factory reset on it again for like the 5th time and it shows as online and now it correctly shows a new firmware update is available!! So inconsistent these things sometimes…

Same issue with me. Firmware is 18.18 and three of my multi’s are showing 1% since the update.

Click on the device and do a REFRESH… then it should update… but the app won’t show it in the list until you force close it after… I do this every day… : (

I also have the 1% battery issue on the multi sensor. But at least it appears to be showing as online ok! It was 100% before upgrade. Then 33% after upgrade and now 1%! Dunno if that’s true or a bug. It wasn’t that long ago I changed it with a new Duracell lithium! But yes, if you do a device refresh it shows as 33% again.

Yep also seeing batteries drop! one multi and motion sensor down to 1% today!. Just added new multi out of packet and now it says battery 50% after 1hr of being out the packing!

Also seeing unexpected battery including 1% - I think thats enough people seeing it to investigate -
rather than just assuming the readings were wrong before - otherwise please confirm something battery related was fixed (in the internal change list as not in the release notes)

For those not updating dont forget to enable OTA in the hub utilities from the web interface

Even then it takes a few goes to get the firmware to update. The outlet device updated as well as motion and multi.

Since the update a load of my multi sensors are not connecting

Well done smart things it’s another fine mess you’ve made …

This was posted during the beta testing for 18.18.

In my experience these batteries were dead and now they report a more accurate percentage.

Getting completely the same thing

Ok I sent an email but that takes more the 24 hours to get an answer. I have lost most all my GE switches and the ones I didn’t are very slow. Like 3-7 min slow to respond.

What I get when try to repair zwave.

The quote from Beta says the devices now report battery level differently and the Rx end that decodes needs to change. Seeing values of 100% and 1% its much more likely to be a s/w decode problem, not a miraculous simultaneous battery drain the world over.
During update there will be some extra drain writing to Flash - more so than “transmits” I would have thought-

Also I am now having issues with zwave locks as well. Everything not responding can’t be excluded or anything.

Um, hoping this roll-out is suspended until these things are investigated and resolved.

Yep, we are working on understanding root cause on some of the critical Z-Wave/ZigBee issues that have been reported by a subset of individuals and will only proceed once we feel we understand and have mitigated/resolved these most severe issues well enough to continue.

On the battery front, @tpmanley has provided a good reply with some of the nuances: Hub Firmware 18.x Beta - #121 by tpmanley

1 Like

There is another post in the beta thread detailing that the dth’s have been updated and they report 2.4v as 1%, instead of 2.1% as before. I’m on mobile so I don’t think I can quote another post but will try. Hub Firmware 18.x Beta

Thanks Paul.