SmartThings Community

Hub Firmware Release Notes - 18.18

More things show local on my ide then cloud now. As I have allot of wall switches and sensors. Probably 100 combined. I have 156 total devices now I believe.

1 Like

But with all that said even local my switches keep dropping along with my locks and garage openers. It’s very frustrating and hope they get it fixed as usually a reboot fixes it but it almost daily. .20 is a little better but not ready for the masses.

@joewom and all the others with devices that drop off, have you, each of you, filled support tickets? What did they say?

Are they aware of your specific issue?

It’s possible that there are multiple unrelated problems that all need fixes and without sending in specific requests maybe they do not know about all the issues?

Having devices drop off of the hub is horrible!

They are aware of the xiomi button issues, i think from reading these forums, are they aware of any other issues?

2 Likes

Absolutely why I signed up for beta to help others. I have sent about 6 emails or more to beta@smarthings.com. they are well aware.

3 Likes

Anyone could recommend a device handler for Osram lightify bulb that can run locally ???
Ideally with colour, dimming and white Temp control?

This is the key for me, as I would like to be able to, at least, control my light when off line, as a minimum requirement !!!

Currently, on FW 18.18, my hub disconnect once or twice a day randomly for 10 to 20 minutes at a time… (and the broadband/internet connection is fine…) This is particularly annoying when this happen in the morning at breakfast as we have to have breakfast in complete darkness, using flashlight !!! My lady is far from impressed with this!

Have you tried the “GE Link Bulb”? Works on the IKEA bulbs for local

1 Like

I would flip the light switch to powercycle the bulbs on before I fumbled around with flashlights.

New with 18.20 is that " no load" switches and SmartTiles panels are NOT being updated with proper change of state. Example I open the cellar door and cellar lights all come on, I come back out of the basement and both the GE no load ZW switch that groups all the cellar lights and the Cellar lights tile on control panel are not showing the lights as on. So I need to turn the switch on, before I can turn light off.

Other thing I’m noticing is GoControl/MonoPrice ZW motion sensor & Fibaro G5 are showing motion, yet the SL rule to turn on GE ZW plug that controls porch lights in NOT firing.

Have you reported these issues? Thanks for calling it out here.

1 Like

I’m now at version 18.21. No advance notification from ST. Just an alert telling me the hub had gone down and to check internet connection. Fingers crossed no issues…

All - there is an update going out for users currently on 18.18. We found a critical bug with the ZigBee firmware and decided to make a push-then-notify. A followup email will be coming soon.

5 Likes

Hi @nastevens.
I’m on 18.20 and today, after a power cut, a Hue motion sensor and then all my Xiaomi sensors (yes I know there may be more going on with the Xiaomi’s) are having issues.
I cannot do anything with the Hue.
Could this be related to the ZigBee firmware bug?
If so, please, please, please update my hub ASAP.
I’m having to re-educate the family how to push switches etc. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for communicating the update

Have you reduced 3 axis reporting from ST multi-sensor (to preserve battery)?

1 Like

Cheers Nick!

Could you please give a little more info with regards to what it fixes please. Greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark.

That sounds a lot more like general ZigBee network problems due to a missing/lost router, possibly due to the power outage. You might be able get them back by doing a factory reset of the devices and then re-adding them to the Hub. Note that you don’t need to do a “remove” from the SmartThings app, so you won’t lose automations.

It was a roll-back of the ZigBee radio firmware update we deployed in 18.18. We identified a problem that could very rarely cause the loss of all ZigBee network settings, and haven’t been able to get to true root cause. We’re working with the radio vendor to figure out what’s going on, but because of the severity we decided a roll-back was prudent.

6 Likes

You’re welcome!

3 Likes

Hi @nastevens
Sorry to be a pain but what is your rollout timeline for 18.21?
I’m hoping to get this ASAP to get my system back up to 100% again.

Already underway. Mine updated from 18.18 to 18.21 three hours ago

Hoping the firmware rollback sorts battery life. I replaced 8 SmartThings sensor batteries last week- today I’ve had one of the devices I changed telling me it’s at 1% again. Not had time to check others but hoping it’s they don’t all need new batteries.

Just had 18.21 here and email!