Hub Firmware Release Notes - 18.18

What I get when try to repair zwave.

The quote from Beta says the devices now report battery level differently and the Rx end that decodes needs to change. Seeing values of 100% and 1% its much more likely to be a s/w decode problem, not a miraculous simultaneous battery drain the world over.
During update there will be some extra drain writing to Flash - more so than “transmits” I would have thought-

Also I am now having issues with zwave locks as well. Everything not responding can’t be excluded or anything.

Um, hoping this roll-out is suspended until these things are investigated and resolved.

Yep, we are working on understanding root cause on some of the critical Z-Wave/ZigBee issues that have been reported by a subset of individuals and will only proceed once we feel we understand and have mitigated/resolved these most severe issues well enough to continue.

On the battery front, @tpmanley has provided a good reply with some of the nuances: Hub Firmware 18.x Beta - #121 by tpmanley

1 Like

There is another post in the beta thread detailing that the dth’s have been updated and they report 2.4v as 1%, instead of 2.1% as before. I’m on mobile so I don’t think I can quote another post but will try. Hub Firmware 18.x Beta

Thanks Paul.

Now even switches that show online are not responding at all. So damn frustrating. Was working flawless for months. Not days of nothing but trouble. I had to remove a bunch of automations and don’t dare arm the system. I take that back I clicked turn light off and it went off 3 min later. So some are responding but might as well be not. Was instant before update.

I have an odd issue that after the firmware update my aeotec siren no longer works with the community DTH to make any sound while when I revert back to the smartthings official one it works, that DTH has been working for a few months without an issue and seems the DTH developer has no such problem on his own device :thinking:

Are you going to roll back this update ?

My house now doesn’t have a working alarm system as half the sensors are not working.

This is not acceptable.

I’ve gone around all none working sensors and taken out and out back in the batteries and they now all work…

Replaced all three of my batteries last night which were showing 1% with new ones. This morning all are now alternating between 1% and 33%. Clearly something is wrong

I think you’ll find the explanation here…

https://community.smartthings.com/t/hub-firmware-18-x-beta/90824/121

O the fun of a SmartThings firmware update
If I unplug the outlet for a few seconds and back it all the other devices start working again for a few hours.

My Fibaro Dimmer 2 after firmware update is working unexpectedly, sometimes turns on something is unresponsive. Now I can see that Fibaro Motion sensor acting in same manner. My zig bee devices are fine same with philips hue. I removed physical switches thinking that everything is working flawlessly, now I can’t turn on any lights in my house😡 I have two questions:
Do you (smarttings devs)are aware of the issues ?
Do we users have any option to choose if we want new updates?

OK, so I’ve just checked and around half of my Smartthings multi sensors and Smartthings motion sensors have updated to the latest firmware, all the ones that have not been updated are working fine, all the ones that have been updated have either required new batteries (even though i replaced the batteries only 2 days ago) or are just refusing to work now. the explanation on the new battery readout from the updated DTH is not actually working correct because i just placed a brand new Duracell battery into one of my updated Smartthings motion sensors and it refreshed and is reading 33%, oh. now its reading 1% so i took it out and tested the battery voltage with a multimeter and its showing as 2.98v so therefore it should read as 100% according to the explanation above…
Smartthings or now seeming to be NotSoSmartThings,

This becomes a major problem when you have over 70 WebCoRe pistons relying on your Smartthings sensors to work correctly…

I can also confirm that I have a battery reading of 2.99v which was being reported as 1% for my Motion sensor, but has now gone up to 100% …

Maybe its just a matter of time for it to settle?

I am lucky to say I had disabled all ZigBee OTA and my smartthings sensors are fine so far except I can see my arrival sensors battery had dropped a lot

Well woke up today and seems switches are working. When I get home if they still are I will mess with the locks and see if they are. And see how long it lasts this time.

What DH are you using ?