Hub Firmware Release Notes - 18.18

I still don’t get why the Health Check feature marks all devices offline every time the hub goes offline and doesn’t restore the device’s previous status afterwards. That causes some sleeping devices that are online to appear offline for hours or even days depending on their wakeup interval.

This was an issue we were working to resolve and have seen improvement on. If you are still experiencing it though, please let support know.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update, Brad!

What would help some of us tremendously (especially those with our own customer bases :wink:) is to receive full and timely documentation on the “Device Health” feature. We have customers who would like us to incorporate it into ActionTiles, for example… but even without that, such documentation helps us help SmartThings customers if they happen to hit us up for first-line support related to Device Health (etc.).

Thanks for consideration,
…Terry.

2 Likes

We have an internal work ticket requesting documentation of device health in the developer docs. I bumped that ticket with your request.

7 Likes

You’ll wait forever and get no solution as they have none. Been trying for days now they don’t bother responding. Just like my zwave products.

I found it is the new local z wave switch dth. If I switch back to a custom z wave switch it works. But from the cloud.

If you’re having zwave issues and you also happen to have CT100 thermostats, this issue is likely related and not specific to 18.18:

Robert

I just tested it again and you’re right, that the problem has been fixed. Thanks.

Hi just wondering how many signed up for the ADT partner UK beta for security monitoring? With so many issues of reliability i don’t see how smartthings is ready for such a service! :eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve signed up for it , not got round to setting it up on the app yet though.
You tried it out yet?

SmartThings Hub firmware beta update!

Thank you for continuing to take part in the SmartThings firmware beta. We will be rolling out a new incremental update for your Hub today, 28th July. The update improves reliability of communications with Zigbee devices and the cloud. During the update your Hub will reboot and may appear offline momentarily.

We have requested and talked about this before. Can SmartThings please, please, please, please, PLEASE STOP RELEASING UPDATES ON A FRIDAY. I really don’t want my entire house broken all weekend long.

Seriously, not only is it bad practice but it really pisses off your user base when their house is broken and no one is around to fix it.

@tslagle13

1 Like

At the same time you signed up for the beta… The weekend is also the best time for users to test and debug their system, there will never be a perfect time that will satisfy everyone.

1 Like

This is not about finding a perfect time for everyone. It is about following industry standard, proven guidelines that you never release software updates (or any config changes, etc) on a Friday. You typically have very little to no support staff available on the weekends and if something does go wrong (as it has numerous times) you are not only impacting your customer base but you are bugging your engineers and forcing them to work on a weekend.

Has anyone got this version yet? I still on 17.11 is this for everyone???

I think they said about 12% received the update before they put it on hold.

They started to release 18.18 but found immediately that there were big issues and so they stopped the rollout. I’m still on 17 as well.

I just got the 18.20 update:

Firmware Version 000.018.00020
Uptime 95 seconds

1 Like

Are there release notes for the 18.20 beta?

Was going to sign up but didn’t bother looked earlier and closed now anyway. i did fancy a free multi sensor! but missed the boat :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The update improves reliability of communications with Zigbee devices and the cloud.

That was the only item noted in their email to the beta group.

@dt39, was I supposed to get a free multi-sensor for participating in the beta? Does it say that somewhere? I have been participating in the betas for a long time and I do not think I ever got a free multi-sensor.