Hub Firmware Release Notes - 17.12/17.13/17.14

Being involuntary, unpaid beta-testers that we all are, I don’t think we have a choice. :confused:

Where is you sense of adventure everybody. lol. :joy:

1 Like

Speaking of, it’s been a while since I’ve been paying attention. So, I was wondering: How much of the functionality has been moved to being local vs via the cloud. I’ve always felt that the more that happens the more reliable things will be.

2 Likes

I have enough adventure in my life already, thanks. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Post 1 gives a brief on the updates.
From the point of view of things moving to local, Nada.

This is the last I heard of the Local Proccessijng:
https://community.smartthings.com/t/faq-confirmed-local-processing-working-device-handlers/61875?u=lmosenko

1 Like

How have we all ended up with the same wife? Hahaha

4 Likes

Are you certain that they are not all of the same Hivemind?

1 Like

GRRR…

Just got the UNWANTED emails announcing that TWO if my THREE hubs will be updated tomorrow.

Right after I leave on vacation for two weeks.

Again, no indication of which of my 3 hubs are being updated.

HOW CAN I OPT OUT? I honestly cannot deal with the potential destruction of my hubs while I am out of the country.

Seriously…this is insane!

2 Likes

I’ve been scheduled for tomorrow, just one day before leaving for the UK school half term. Sign of the cross…

1 Like

Ok. Well that’s improved (I think) from when I last started to get my hopes up that we’d have true local scheduling soon :wink:

OPT OUT = Disconnect Hub from your network!

1 Like

Use a Wi-fi outlet plug in order to power off your hub v2 during the update window and to turn it back on after the update time window.

Won’t the update run as soon as you plug it in?

Was being facetious. Leave your hub offline for the foreseeable future, or roll the dice :slight_smile:

1 Like

sounds like we really don’t have a choice in the matter.

If I was in the first batch, at this point, I might actually go caveman and force the family to use real honest to god switches for a few days…Just to be safe!

1 Like

Mine will be updated tomorrow. Crossing fingers.

I have two hubs, one updated and while the other is still at 16.14 and its outside the roll out window. Does anyone know if there is another wave or a manual way to update?

Want to see what a company that doesn’t know how to listen to customers?

I just got this response from Support to my request NOT to update any of my 3 hubs tomorrow (I was notified 2 would be updated, but not WHICH 2). I’m leaving the country tomorrow before the window starts, and I surely don’t want them being updated when I’m not around to babysit/recover them.

This is NOT an example of good customer relations:

Hey Barry,
Thanks for reaching out.
Unfortunately, there is not a way for us to delay an update to the Hub, any Hub that is online will be updated when it is rolled out. We are tracking requests for the ability to initiate a firmware update manually, and I’ll be sure to pass this along the appropriate channels for that as well so that our teams are aware of what our users would like from our system. If you want to avoid the update to the Hub, you could disconnect the Hubs from the internet until you get back, which isn’t the best option but would keep the Hubs from updating.
I do want to apologize for any inconvenience there, but rest assured that this update has been thoroughly tested and Hubs should have no issues. If there was anything more that I can do to help out here, please feel free to let me know.
Warm regards,

Ridiculous!