Hub Firmware Release Notes - 17.12/17.13/17.14

When will this start?

First group starts tomorrow, and then rolling through the week. You will get an email at least 24 hours in advance of your hub being updated.

4 Likes

I have to know… I’ve been on 16.00014 for what seems like a while (at least while 17.11 had been floated around).

Is 16.00014 the most recent notwithstanding 17.11/12 or is my hub not updating?

We put the initial release on hold (17.11) after discovering some issues. 17.12 is the re-start of that release, so you are probably fine.

Ok… just an awful lot of numbers between 16.14 and 17.12

Please Opt-Me-Out of this! Untill the last group and troubleshooting! I don’t want for my wife to K.O. me for ST failure.

6 Likes

I’m in this group. The slightest hint of a failure, or even a delay, and my wife goes full nuclear (maybe she just rolls her eyes).

7 Likes

Are you married to my wife? I know those eye rolls oh so well!

5 Likes

LOL. I get the occasional grunt… then immediate “IT’S NOT WORKIN… Oh, it’s working fine”. The difference between .5 second automation and 1.5 second automation is apparently a century in her eyes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeh. I love ST, but when it Fails Catastrofically, K.O. is the least of my worries. And when it works, there is no feedback…ever. LOL.

2 Likes

All of my Nest devices are off-line in the SmartThings app since the update completed. Everything else seems find.

Rebooted the hub and didn’t help.

Anyone else?

Being involuntary, unpaid beta-testers that we all are, I don’t think we have a choice. :confused:

Where is you sense of adventure everybody. lol. :joy:

1 Like

Speaking of, it’s been a while since I’ve been paying attention. So, I was wondering: How much of the functionality has been moved to being local vs via the cloud. I’ve always felt that the more that happens the more reliable things will be.

2 Likes

I have enough adventure in my life already, thanks. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Post 1 gives a brief on the updates.
From the point of view of things moving to local, Nada.

This is the last I heard of the Local Proccessijng:
https://community.smartthings.com/t/faq-confirmed-local-processing-working-device-handlers/61875?u=lmosenko

1 Like

How have we all ended up with the same wife? Hahaha

4 Likes

Are you certain that they are not all of the same Hivemind?

1 Like

GRRR…

Just got the UNWANTED emails announcing that TWO if my THREE hubs will be updated tomorrow.

Right after I leave on vacation for two weeks.

Again, no indication of which of my 3 hubs are being updated.

HOW CAN I OPT OUT? I honestly cannot deal with the potential destruction of my hubs while I am out of the country.

Seriously…this is insane!

2 Likes