Hub Firmware Release Notes - 16.13 - V2

login into IDE and do hub reboot then it may update. Worked for me - was still showing old version then update to new version.

2 Likes

It finally updated when I wasn’t looking, like it was waiting. Haha. Thanks!

Humerous, email said 6.12, this says 6.13 my hub still says 6.09…
@slagle, can you be more specific on “fix for hub crashing…”, ie the certain smartapps in scope?

Same for me, rebooted from the IDE and now @ 16.13.

Sammmme! Also I’m a newb so I had to learn how to reboot by using the IDE. :slight_smile: https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=how+to+reboot+from+smartthings+ide&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

I think there is a Z-Wave lock that was sending packets to the SmartThings hub that was causing it to reboot. I believe @rboy had some users experiencing it. Not sure if this firmware fixes that issue.

I’m curious too if it’s fixed that issue, that was specific to DH’s running in the cloud (even a stock Z-Wave DH running in the cloud) would cause the hub to reboot but I believe it had a hardware component also in it. I’m curious as to what type of smartapp api would cause the hub to reboot. @slagle ?

Can’t say it helped or made it worse, but now my Z-Wave Repair is failing for a LOT of devices. I had pointed out this issue with the previous firmware update which was rendering communication with beaming devices useless leaving them in a inactive state. Now it appears to be impacting active devices.

2017-01-30 9:33:12.365 PM EST
moments ago HUB zwStatus ready Z-Wave network repair finished
2017-01-30 9:33:12.342 PM EST
moments ago HUB zwNwkRepair finished Z-Wave network repair finished
2017-01-30 9:32:16.483 PM EST
moments ago HUB zwNwkRepair failure Network repair for Entertainment Center [35]: Failed to update mesh info
2017-01-30 9:31:52.638 PM EST
moments ago HUB zwNwkRepair failure Network repair for Garage Door BMW [0C]: Failed to update mesh info
2017-01-30 9:31:37.522 PM EST
moments ago HUB zwNwkRepair failure Network repair for Breakfast Light [06]: Failed to update mesh info
2017-01-30 9:31:22.334 PM EST
moments ago HUB zwNwkRepair failure Network repair for Attic Fan [03]: Failed to update mesh info
2017-01-30 9:31:21.470 PM EST
moments ago HUB zwNwkRepair started Z-Wave network repair started
2017-01-30 9:31:21.444 PM EST
moments ago HUB zwStatus network repair Z-Wave network repair started

Needless to say some of these device have stopped working :angry:
I detest updates…

2 Likes

Can anyone provide the target (latest) firmware version for Osram Lightify Strips once this process is successful?

Target Version: 0x01020492

1 Like

IDE reboot left my hub offline. After being stuck offline for about 10 minutes, a power reboot restored connectivity. Man my batteries are gross and sticky, replaced but the battery compartment is a mess. Newer firmware now shows and firmware updates mostly complete. Glad I didn’t reboot while away from home.

Thus begins the hunt for which devices have fallen offline (usually happens after hub power cycle).

I’m also curious if any of the Osram firmware updates include fixes for the buffer overrun bug that can cause them to lose or,corrupt messaging. Know the issue has been acknowledged.

Hi @Mike_Maxwell. This particular issue affected some non-TLS LAN devices using a non-HTTP protocol; we are not aware of any published DTHs that would run into this particular issue, but we did identify a few custom DTHs that were causing hub crashes due to this bug. This particular bug was introduced with the changes to support more frequent local polling of the hue bridge.

2 Likes

After I saw your reply, I checked my hub and there was SOOO much battery leakage that it was actually visible on the bottom of my hub without even taking the cover off. In fact, it leaked all over my old wooden table that it was on, and the hub itself was terrible looking when I opened the bottom lid. It took me almost 30 minutes to scrub the inside of the battery compartment to make it look like there wasn’t a batterly explosion inside the hub! Pathetic that this happened and I have actually never seen a leakage this bad from ANY product that didn’t have batteries in it that weren’t several years old. If my hub breaks, I will know who to blame for this. Hmmmm , SmartThings may owe a few people more than a few batteries I would guess…

1 Like

What does this mean…

(HUE) This is only for hue bulbs connected directly to the hub.

?

Some people connect Hue bulbs directly to the ST Hub rather than through the Philips bridge.

still waiting for the new update…

Appears to have fixed the dth I was having issues with…

1 Like

Still waiting here as well… not updated…