Hub Firmware Release Notes 08/15/16 (Hub V2) - 15.3

All Systems Operational

http://status.smartthings.com/

So I don’t know if it was this update, or another one in the past couple of days … but … suddenly within the past 24 hours all of my Smart Lights automation turns on all my Hue bulbs … green.

What I had been using in the past - for months, working just fine - was the “Turn On & Set Color” option in some of my basic Smart Lights automation and the “Soft White - Default” option … such as “Turn on Family Room lights 30 minutes before sunset.”

Yesterday, while I was traveling from work - I got a text from the wife “Hey, why is the light over the fireplace green? Does that mean something?” I do use that single bulb in the house to indicate certain conditions - i.e.: a water sensor leak will turn it blue - in case no one is paying attention to their smartphones. But I didn’t have a rule to set it to green. I told her I’d look at it when I came home.

When I came home, every single hue bulb in the house was green. And every one was triggered with that same Smart Lights recipe - turn on & set color, choosing soft white-default as the color choice. Yet, when I look at the events for any bulb - they are all triggering color #00Ff56 … which is most definitely green.

Likewise, my home office bulbs - which I had set to turn on to Hue’s “concentrate” color when motion is detected, are off as well … they are more bluish now. I can use the hue app to set the “Concentrate” color for the office … and then step in … and see it visibly change.

This is fixable by rebuilding all of my SmartApps to just do a turn on (or turn on and set level) but that kinda defeats what I was aiming for.

So – did SmartThings change the color defaults in the most recent update?

@toomer

This is being discussed in detail here.

Phantom Color Ghosts - Hue Just Went Bat Crazy

1 Like

Believe it or not I asked myself the same question. Was planning on setting bulbs green when the cell phone is fully charged. And used to have an instance for bulbs to turn green when the washer finished its cycle. I knew that neither my phone was charging nor my wife was washing clothes so after looking around in my set up to discover which app turned my lights green, I stumbled on the thread that @bamarayne posted above and then I was fine, it wasn’t me. The issue seems to have been fixed. I haven’t seen green today. Maybe it only comes out at night. Darn aliens!

these are really cool ideas. what app/service are you using to send the “phone fully charged” event?

Been using a custom version of Notify Me With Hue app, which works pretty well for timed events. It also resets the bulbs to previous state, so the lights don’t stay green all day, for example. I did start migrating some of the light notifications back to custom SHM instances, now that Batman @slagle nagged the SHM engineers to death - because he got tired of me nagging him - to re-enable notifications with colored lights.

As for determining when the phone is charged, I use a power meter, a custom app, which flips a uDTH that triggers a custom instance in SHM.

Alternatively, one can use a piston in CoRE to do it all, but I like to complicate my existence.

Hot fix for the hue issue going out now.

3 Likes

Release complete

1 Like

What was it? Hue angle/percentage confusion?

1 Like

Here’s the change to work around the problem by @Lars: PROB-1352 Hue colors rendering incorrectly by larsfinander · Pull Request #1151 · SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsPublic · GitHub . There was some code for doing additional color calculations that was behaving poorly (obviously) which has been disabled for the time being.

As far as the users experiencing a hub disconnect (@jcalex22 @TheFuzz4 @smarties @Bryan_Fleming …), we have put together a hotfix V2 firmware RC that will be deployed for users that have opted in early next week. If you want to be part of that pool, be sure to let support know ASAP. We were able to reproduce a problem with similar symptoms and put together a few fixes for problems we found in 15.3, but we’re looking to expand our testing to verify that the fix also works for you guys/gals as well before pushing the change to everyone.

7 Likes

We’re sorry, but your email message to [“smartthings+
a31043e4bc7d8c21f4261a0d95aaebcd@discoursemail.com”] (titled Re:
[SmartThings Community] [Announcements/Hub Firmware Release Notes] Hub
Firmware Release Notes 08/15/16 (Hub V2) - 15.3) didn’t work.

Reason:

Body is too short (minimum is 10 characters)

If you can correct the problem, please try again.

I started having my smartthings freeze yesterday. It’s happened twice now (once yesterday, once today…)

Hub is pingable but shows as inactive. event log shows this -

Date	Source	Type	Name	Value	User	Displayed Text
2016-09-14 7:53:45.443 AM PDT
22 minutes ago	HUB		activity	inactive		Your SmartThings Hub at Sunset Home is now inactive. Please check your internet connection.
2016-09-14 7:53:45.429 AM PDT
22 minutes ago	HUB		hubStatus	inactive		Your SmartThings Hub at Sunset Home is now inactive. Please check your internet connection.
2016-09-14 7:48:51.012 AM PDT
27 minutes ago	HUB		hubStatus	disconnected		Your SmartThings Hub at Sunset Home is now disconnected. Please check your internet connection.
2016-09-14 7:46:33.319 AM PDT
29 minutes ago	HUB		activity	active		Your SmartThings Hub at Sunset Home is now active.
2016-09-14 7:46:33.315 AM PDT
29 minutes ago	HUB		hubStatus	active		Your SmartThings Hub at Sunset Home is now active.
2016-09-14 7:46:25.099 AM PDT
29 minutes ago	HUB		hubStatus	disconnected		Your SmartThings Hub at Sunset Home is now disconnected. Please check your internet connection.
2016-09-14 7:45:25.371 AM PDT
30 minutes ago	HUB		hubStatus	zw_radio_on		
2016-09-14 7:45:25.366 AM PDT
30 minutes ago	HUB		hubStatus	zb_radio_on		
2016-09-14 7:45:25.361 AM PDT
30 minutes ago	HUB		hubInfo	hardwareID:000D, version:9, m...		hardwareID:000D, version:9, mac:D0:52:A8:72:95:ED, localip:172.16.15.115, localSrvPortTCP:39500, localSrvPortUDP:0, zigbeeFWMa...
2016-09-14 7:45:25.356 AM PDT
30 minutes ago	HUB	ENTITY_UPDATE	HubUpdated	

Any fix or ideas? frustrating to say the least… Yesterday when it happened I had to pull the batteries and power cable to restart it… Difficult as the hub is on the roof of my garage (requiring ladder/etc…)

I see the 15.8 as a hotfix for causing reboots - but my hub isn’t rebooting, just going offline (but still pingable…)

-mark