Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.32.7

and… roll out is officially paused. Surprise surprise.

5 Likes

I just got it in an email.

The Status page was just updated it seems:

2 Likes

12 days in they pause it… I have had issues including not knowing when my front door was left open. This opened up the realization that smartthings NEEDS the ability to notify when devices are offline. I do know there are developer tools and applications for this, but not willing to put in that kind of effort for something that should be built in, especially surrounding home security products.
Good news is I am getting my Hubitat today and will definitely be using the BUILT IN feature of alerting when devices go offline. Hopefully it will also be a LOT less often than with this product, which has become more common than not over the last few years. Hibitat also does not require the internet to function with schedules, so that’s a blessing as well.
Good luck to everyone hanging in there, but the security of my home is not beta. This product is absolutely HALF baked at best with issues monthly. I work in telecom and if my systems were not 5 9’s I’d be out of a job!

3 Likes

those of you that got the firmware update and have some devices offline, try going into the ide and for each device offline click on edit and then update. ive been able to revive a couple of devices on some hubs.

And it’s not even a Friday … :roll_eyes:

Most big companies during the pandemic: “Let’s delay possibly disruptive rollouts/features and focus on reliability and security for our customers since many are suffering unique challenges and some are sick and restricted.”

Samsung during the pandemic: “We don’t care if we disrupt lives and households in hard times. Don’t properly test it, just roll it out and reduce platform costs now, minions”. “Oh, and tell customers they need to migrate to the new app, without providing details of what will break”.

:slight_smile:

10 Likes

Update received last week. Was ok. Anyone knows what went wrong for you guys here?

I’m guessing all the blue light/offline hubs post update.

That helps. Thnx

1 Like

those of you having the blue light are you using v2 hub 200 or 250 manufacturer

Interesting, this is the first I’ve heard of 2 different sub-models of the v2 hub. For what it’s worth, mine appears to be the 200 and I did not experience any hub issues with the firmware update (I’m in the beta as well).

same model, just different manufacturers, at least thats what people have been able to determine.

i had no trouble and my v2 hub is the 200 model.

I have the -250 model. My hub rebooted and got stuck on the blue light. I only knew there was a problem because most (not all) of my devices went offline. I unplugged it and removed the batteries for 2-3 minutes. It powered up to green and is now on the 32.7 firmware. Everything came back online except for 2 z-wave devices. My first alert smoke/co2, and my sensative gate sensor both go offline 10 minutes after activating.

My hub is the 250 model. The firmware was updated with no issue. I frequently checked it until I discovered that it was updated.
One of my Ecolink Z-wave Plus Door & Window Sensors showed as offline. I rebooted the hub but that did not fix it. I unplugged the hub, took the batteries out, waited several minutes and powered it back up.
That resolved it.

Smart Lighting routines not working…took the update yesterday…also had a couple of lights that were defined in a goodnight routine that didn’t turn off last night, but others in the group did. All are accessible via the app.

One of my hubs updated in one location, the other did not, and the one that updated is a home I’m not in right now and relies exclusively on Smart Lighting. Has anyone tried requesting ST to roll back their evil update? Or, do we have to live with this horrible situation while they decide what they’re doing.

Just popped back in to take a peek.

Why on earth is anyone still using this awful system? Same old issues, same old responses.

When you buy a product, you shouldn’t need to rely on a community forum for continuous advice on how to just make it work again!

Purchased an alternative product at the end of July after being with Samsung for years. Couldn’t be happier. Its a different world.

See the “other hubs” section. It’s an eye opener.

Easy advice for this. Read this thread, and check out the replies (especially over the last few months) from ex-long-term users. Including me.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/alternative-hubs

1 Like

I think it is a miracle that any Smartthings work is being done, with current challenges affecting all companies and individuals to find ST staff still doing there best deserves more than self centered critism, I have no doubt at all that under normal circumstances ST and there support teams would be helping as quickly as possible

3 Likes