Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.32.7

I have the same device but mine is reporting correctly on DC

I still have not gotten this update on my hub v3

I was on 32.7 with no problems, but have upgraded to 32.10 and now my hub reports offline with a green light. If I boot it will say online for a few minutes but then it will go back to offline. It seems like the automations are still working and I can turn on/off devices even though they say offline. Alexa integration isn’t working.

My Hub was offline for a full week with a solid blue light I did a soft reboot every single day and today I finally got a green light and then it switched back to a blue light and then back to a green light and it has been doing that for the last half-hour. When I go into the app My Hub isn’t listed, neither are any of my devices. What is going on with this update?

Has anyone received an answer to when we will see a fix for ST Wifi? Hubs still stuck on “Checking” .

This thread has nothing to do with the ST WiFi Hub/Router/Mesh device firmware. Please check the following thread.

1 Like

This is only tangentially related to the update, but since my hub was offline for so long, my Sengled Element bulbs wouldn’t connect after the hub finally came back. I was hoping to find a way to revive them without starting from scratch since they’re integrated into a few different automations. Ultimately I had to reset the bulbs by toggling them on and off ten times, but fortunately SmartThings recognized them after that and I didn’t have to reconfigure anything. Just thought I’d share in case it helps anyone else!

3 Likes

Received update to 32.7 from 31.0004, no issues

Any ideas on what changed in 32.10?

Nope. They did not provide any info

1 Like

The firmware has not been pushed to my V3 hub yet.

@Brad_ST - I recently updated a sensor I use to monitor my backyard’s gate so I can’t say how it would have behaved before 32.7/32.10 but something is not working right. The sensor keeps getting flagged as offline even though it is perfectly functional.

Is it a hub firmware issue or a sensor / DTH issue? The check interval seems to be longer than usual, could that be it?

I went out ready to change the battery as it seemed to be dropping fast, but as soon as I opened the gate the app updated it to online and open. It is annoying not to be able to rely on the online/offline status for something there for security purposes… but I was glad it actually worked.

My hub V3 just got updated from 31.4 to 32.10 half hour ago. Only 1 of 70 devices (Aeotec range extender) shows off line.

Just got my update…didn’t even notice…except now Echo Speaks doesn’t work:(…Looks like I will be using Voice Monkey more :frowning:

The changes in 32.10 are the same as 32.7 with a fix for a DNS resolution issue impacting hubs where an IPV6 address and nameservers were received prior to an IPV4 address at a specific window in the hub boot cycle which resulted in these hubs being stuck with a blue LED (they were still able to receive updates).

6 Likes

@ aruffell

what is the distance between the hub and the device on the gate? how many walls and major obstacles are there? you might need a zwave router/repeater (electric plug outlet) just inside of the outter most wall.

1 Like

@Awestun - I have over 100 zwave plus devices and quite a few are super close (~1m) to the gate sensor. The gate sensor is probably within 5m / 16ft from the hub with just 1 exterior wall separating the two. If not for the wall, there would be a direct line of sight. From the testing I did, I believe the signal is strong. I believe this sensor has a signal strength feedback mechanism if I really need to check that, but I don’t believe it to be the issue.

I can’t recall where I read the requirements for the hub to determine the device status but I think there was some time limit that a sensor either checked in or responded to the hub. Since this is a sensor, I doubt it can respond when asleep, and its check-in interval is set to 8hrs which might be too long. Anyone know what the max time limit is? The solution here might be to reduce that value to something just under the new threshold.

that could very well be - 8 hours does seem to be a very long check in time.

SmartThings Hub 2015 (v2) and 2018 (v3) Firmware Update

Completed - Firmware version 0.32.10 has been released to all Samsung SmartThings 2018 and 2015 model Hubs. Please contact us via support.smartthings.com if you have any questions.
Oct 5, 17:16 EDT

I guess I need to check how often the sensor is programmed to wake up and ensure it is more frequent than the check in interval so as to reset it before the hub tries to reach out. I am still under the understanding that the device will not respond to the hub as it is mostly asleep. (Series 700 zwave chip / battery operated)