Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.30.5

Same thing happened to me. Family started complaining that devices weren’t turning on/off or opening/closing from the app today. Found the blue blinking light on the hub. I did a power cycle and it came back green.

how do i get a endpoint battery powered device to refresh it’s zigbee (uplink)? pull the battery? remove/repair?

Total disaster, all devices and automations not working. Has ST gone mad?! I’ve tried rebooting, some devices will toggle via phone app, no automation will work. Hopefully this get resolved quickly- and that the new app won’t interfere with the classic.

https://status.smartthings.com/

Issues with Hubs Offline and Control of Hub-Connected Devices

Investigating - Some users in the Americas may be experiencing issues with their hub going offline and losing control of hub-connected devices. Affected users may also experience failures in automation execution with automations that utilize those hub-connected devices. We are currently investigating and will provide updates as available.
May 14, 18:17 EDT

2 Likes

thanks for the update. Hope this isn’t the beginning of the end!

purchased the hubitat a while back before the price doubled for emergency backup.

i already have a very bad feeling this is going to be like last february where i had to delete all devices and everything and totally hard reset the hub. then it took over 2 weeks to add everything back, a few devices a day. it was the only way to keep things connected and working. online help desk was NOT helpful.

I’ve got hubs going offline at random right now, likely related to the service outage alert. Gotta love that when the mesh WiFi hubs go offline, so does the router. Unbelievable that Plume is dependant on ST to function.

maybe thats why the mesh wifi hubs have been popping up on ebay.

1 Like

Hi there…
I didn’t receive any update
I have smartthings wifi hub and my firmware is 029.00009
So what i have to do to get this update?

30.5 was only for v2 (2015) and v3 (2018)

Wow, really?! Your home WiFi doesn’t work if there is a SmartThings cloud outage?

what he says is true. i’ve read about it previously. that can mean only one thing…

@Awestun, have you tries to eliminate that your Zigbee issue is not from some interference? If it is interference, than rebooting the Hub and rejoining devices will not solve it.
A hub reset might be, because there would be a chance that your Hub would choose a different zigbee channel.

Zigbee and 2.4Ghz Wifi channels are overlapping, wifi can cause damaging interference. A wifi router configured to automatically change channel for better transmission can pick a channel which is in full overlap with the zigbee channel used by the Hub.

@johnconstantelo, I love your optimism.

1 Like

I see that the hub is on channel 19 (how do i change that) and the router is on auto (1-11) how do i tell what channel it is currently using.

@Awestun, it would be appreciated if you would read other people’s posts before flooding everything with complaints of your issue.

Someone posted this above as a response to a similar issue.

You need to set your router to channel 1 if you want to avoid any interference.

Zigbee channel 19 is in the middle of the frequency range, only wifi channel 1 has no overlap with it.

To check used channel by wifi networks I usually use an app on my Android phone, called Wifi Analyzer. It give a lot of information about channel use, signal strength etc., in a visual and understandable way.

@ GSzabados

I did read that. and there are people reading my ‘complaints of your issue’ and learning.

your help is greatly appreciated

Regardless of the Wi-Fi channel in use, make sure there is some distance between your hub and any W-Fi access point. 2-3M should help.

1 Like

Good morning everyone,

It appears the issue has started back. I am again missing several device events and their associated automation events. Some are very late and show up about 15 mins after the device sent a response. The device I am using is Ethernet based and sends approximately 40 status updates every 60 seconds or instantly if any of the 40 devices change state. This has been working great for about 4 months and only started having issues after this firmware update.

The incident reported yesterday and the following resolved status appeared to correct the issues last night but it now appears the original incident has returned this morning.

Is anyone else having this same issue this morning?

I submitted a ticket with Samsung Support, but not sure how long that takes to be reviewed.

Thank you in advance!

yes, still having major issues, about 30 zigbee devices out of about 70. i’ve noticed that the zigbee problem mainly appears to be with outlets (oval), buttons, minimotes (z-wave), and automations. zigbee door/window, motion, etc are still working.

while i did change the router channel, that didn’t make a difference, so i turned off wifi and that still didn’t make a difference.

the last .5 hotfix definitely did something.