Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.24.11

I did remove the batteries each time I rebooted it manually. Last night I removed power and batteries, and then reattempted this morning (completely off for 5 hours). Same result.

Everything is working fine here after update.

1 Like

Not idea. We are working on this issue, the radio is crashing. Try excluding those devices and re-including them. How old are these devices?

I cannot do anything until I get home, but it is most of my zwave devices so excluding them and readding is not really the best option. None of my devices are more than 18 months old.

Also, if you look, it seems all the devices are getting several pings and then going offline.

What do you mean working on the issue, Is this widespread or local to a few hubs? Really, hoping you can help me get this resolved, I have way to many devices to start removing and readding them.

As previously stated, I have already done this. On my hub, the devices do not function after being reincluded. I am at home and can assist, but there doesnā€™t seem to be anyone from ST actually offering support for this self inflected issue.

@Kianoosh_Karami my devices all still work, that is not my issue. My issue is that they keep showing online offline, when they show offline, they actual devices still works and responds to smartapps and rules. But when they show offline, I cannot control with Alexa generally. I think this is more of an issue with device Health versus the zwave, but I am not an engineer so I am only guessing. But it seems very odd to me that a devices is marked offline, but still functions 100% in all ways. For that reason I am not going to remove any devices at this time. You have to understand I am a power user I have almost 300 devices with up to 20 automations tied to many of them.

So doing what you suggest would be 10s of hours of work. If that is the case I would start looking for a new hub provider. (this is simply just a statement of economics and personal time)

The fact of the matter is at least half of my zwave devices are showing the same as the below screen shot which has been going on for several days. The bad node I experienced earlier with the constant reboots was after last nights update. FYI, the hub crashes have stopped since the last one at 11:15am EST.

Thanks for the suggestion, but respectfully, Iā€™m not spending countless hours to do that on 50+ devices with
many automations, just based on a guess that it might help. If I must do that it will simply be to exclude my devices from SmartThings and include them on a different hub from a different manufacture and start over on the configuration process. I donā€™t say that lightly. I have thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours invested in installing and configuring this system. If there is a real validated fix, let us know.

My ticket was opened 6 hours ago and no response whatsoever. My system was fine yesterday. Today it is completely non functional.

Cheers.

3 Likes

@nastevens @Kianoosh_Karami @Brad_ST

I cannot believe a decision was made to roll this out to the public!!!
The Beta firmware 24.10 was riddled with bugs not even 1 week ago:

• Lots of random Z-wave radio restarts because of ā€˜Bad Nodesā€™ error
  • Local Device handlers throwing missing method exceptions
  • ZigBee drop out
  • Cree Bulb firmware update causing the bulbs to randomly flash on and off when the bulb rejoins the mesh many times a day. (Even during the night)

Iā€™m absolutely floored by this public release

2 Likes

PM me your Hub ID and I can take a look at your hub.

Sorry, I should have clarified this earlier with my comment, But I was suggesting that if you get a bad node error where it leads to a power cycle, which is just about 100mSecs delay of power cycling the radio, then you should exclude the device and re-include.

I did not mention that you should exclude every device and re include them, I was suggesting that route for the devices that it is always leading to power cycle.

Power cycle is not really bad as it sounds, it is just that we are power cycling the radio for about 100 msecs, all the messages are preserved, it is basically saying that this node crashed radio.

Thanks for taking a look. PM sent.

Your hub is constantly connecting and disconnecting, much different the Z-Wave Power cycle issues. I have asked the internal folks to take a look at your hub. Thanks for patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

3 Likes

@jasonrwise77

You can temporarily turn off device health, this will remove the unavailable in the smartthings app.

I am wondering, if you do this, does this hide the unavailable from Alexa?

Then does Alexa work?

In the classic app, last tab, ā€œDevice Healthā€

This has not helped at all.

What a mess.

I tried a few more battery pulls and the pattern seems to be for many of my Iris sensors is they work for a minute then become unresponsive again.

What on earth has ST done?

I guess a next step is to actually reset them. That doesnā€™t help on the Z-Wave devices I have with the same problem. I really donā€™t want to have to exclude and re-include those.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

I am curious to see if you are able to reinclude them, and if they actually work still. None of mine do. No exaggeration, I cannot get a single one to function after excluding and reincluding (if they even reinclude).

If you are having Z-Wave issues, please DM me your hub ID and please detail the node ID of the devices that you are seeing issues with and explain the problem to me clearly. I will do my best to help out.

3 Likes

@Kianoosh_Karami
I will politely ask again :expressionless:
Who thought this was a good idea to roll out? Instead of us beta users having huge Z-wave issues now you have to deal with way more angry users.

1 Like

Not just Z-Wave. Almost all my Zigbee devices are now kaput.

Believe me, I know. I was ready to smash my hub last weekā€¦
I posted my disappointment in the beta forum which made some people mad. Which ultimately led to the reply that itā€™s a beta you should expect issues.
Well, here we are 7 days later where they pushed those same issues out to the masses now. I guess everyone is part of the beta now!

6 Likes