Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.24.11

Sorry! You really need to contact support at this point.

Something is going on since this firmware release, I’m sure of it. Been there, done that way too many times with ST…

Going back upstairs to fix 2 more zwave devices that just went offline. Then I’m headed to work. Maybe when I get home tonight all the crap is either working or broke so bad I can finally have an excuse to move to Hubitat…

1 Like

I’m seeing some rather bizarre behavior with this 000.024.00011 update. Alexa cannot to connect to the hub. The hub reports a status of “Disconnected” in the IDE and “Your Hub is offline” on the mobile app. In the IDE some devices report “ONLINE”, some report “ONLINE”, Some report “ACTIVE”, some report “HUB_DISCONNECTED”, some report “OFFLINE”. Some cloud automatons are working and others are not.

What am I supposed to do with this? This is a complete mess.

The “SmartThings Status” page says all is well.

Support request #627147

Now most of my Iris and ST sensors are offline and my Cree bulbs have taken on a life of their own. Several turned themselves on overnight and one (a bedside lamp no less) has been periodically flashing all night long).

2 Likes

None of my mode switching is working properly, mode is in disarmed, smart alarm is in armed home. Everything was working perfect before this update.

2 Likes

Having same issues this morning. Can’t switch modes. Lights mysteriously going on/off.

If I reboot the hub I can change the mode 1 time. Then it locks up again.

While I appreciate the goal, the community experience continues to be different.

See the rest of this thread. :scream:

2 Likes

So I have received firmware updates for some of my ST sensors. The updates killed the batteries. I’ve got four of them down to 1% in the last 24 hours. All of them received firmware updates.

If your bulb that are mysteriously turning on are Cree, then that’s probably the firmware update.

Sensor firmware updates do use a lot of battery power and the update could also change battery reporting, so not much choice other then let it ride and see when it actually does.

Power cycled my Crees to see if that will help but it hasn’t yet. I have to leave for while. I will try a hub power down later today to see if I can get my mesh to rebuild and my sensors to play well again.

I’m starting to think the FW update on the Cree bulbs has screwed up their repeating abilities.

This is the worst I’ve personally experienced after a hub FW update. EDIT: Or maybe this has nothing to do with the Crees as I just noticed I have one Iris contact sensor that is 18 inches from the hub and it too is unresponsive. But of course I can’t be sure as we have no view in to the mesh.

One of my Cree bulbs was not plugged in so the firmware was not updated (the one plugged in did update).

How can I get the ST Hub V2 to update the Cree firmware?

Thanks

I have WeMo switches that have been working for a year and now can’t get them working consistently. I have a Samsung Speaker also not fully working and the only way to get it to show is by using the add device routine. I also have a Tilt sensor not showing battery.

I lost ( almost ) all my ZW devices. Manually/physically turning switches on/off at switch report change of state immediately in classic app. Automations or commands through app take up to 3 minutes, if they respond at all.
ZW R&R times out, hub LED never blinks like it normally would if in inclusion/exclusion mode. IDE shows ZW radio constantly rebooting

2 Likes

leave it plugged in and it will update itself. You can also force it from the IDE.

My device might as well be completely bricked. Support is literally nowhere to be found. Forcing updates on a device someone owns, breaking it, and then not supporting it, should seriously be illegal.

1 Like

I have never had any zwave issues in 2 years now all the sudden I Have a bad node and the zwave keeps rebooting, this is crazy.

1 Like

When you rebooted your hub… did you try removing the power cord and the batteries? If you have the v2 hub.

I tried doing a “Check Now” from the IDE but it didn’t change. Is that how to force an update?

yup. give it some time.

Thanks again! Just checked and it updated. Too impatient :smile:

Okay, I didn’t give it too much thought yesterday when ST V4 multisensors needed battery, since they were 9-12 months old, reporting 15%. Having the same devices offline with completely dead batteries <24 hours later raises an eye brow or two though.