Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.24.11

no luck there either…

just for fun, download the other app, login and see if anything shows. so if you are using the Classic app, try the Samsung Connect app or vice versa

I would like to know why these sensors need firmware updates to begin with. But could possibly make them better? @Brad_ST , Could you tell us why these sensors need fitmware updates?

If your system is working for you in your application, you may not want/need the device firmware updates. In the IDE, it is my understanding you can turn off updates for Zigbee devices…

And again this morning I have an Iris sensor dropped offline, again.

Also, I have several Cree bulbs still flashing off/on or on/off from time to time.

Seems like the new Cree FW is bad or perhaps not deployed correctly.

Not sure what to do at this point.

Aha, my wife is not crazy after all. Same thing here.

I think these events coincide with the time she reported Cree bulbs going nuts and waking her up. I slept through it.

[2018-10-13 3:54:06.289 AM PDT
1 day ago ] APP_COMMAND off Turn off Lamp Bedside, etc… when motions stops sent off command to Lamp Bedside true
[2018-10-13 2:19:27.413 AM PDT
1 day ago ] COMMAND configure configure command was sent to Lamp Bedside true
[2018-10-13 1:40:23.817 AM PDT
1 day ago ] DEVICE level 100 Lamp Bedside level is 100 true
[2018-10-13 1:40:22.665 AM PDT
1 day ago COMMAND configure configure command was sent to Lamp Bedside true

Another bulb downstairs at the same time. The Cree bulb Sofa1 right next to it didn’t have any unusual activity.
[2018-10-13 1:40:24.521 AM PDT
1 day ago ] DEVICE level 80 Light Fam Sofa2 level is 80 true
[2018-10-13 1:40:23.360 AM PDT
1 day ago ] COMMAND configure configure command was sent to Light Fam Sofa2 true

Another room, same night, but appears didn’t result in turning on for this one
[2018-10-13 2:58:34.092 AM PDT
1 day ago COMMAND configure configure command was sent to Lamp Chi true
[2018-10-13 2:19:26.701 AM PDT
1 day ago ) COMMAND configure configure command was sent to Lamp Chi true

1 Like

@Kianoosh_Karami and @nastevens

I was really hoping that being away for over 2 days would let my environment settle down since there was nobody home since Friday morning; but to my dismay, nope. I purposefully did not look and anything ST related while away because this past weekend was intended to be as stress free as possible…

I just spent the first hour back from vacation cleaning up 7 offline GE zwave devices (a mix of the 4xxxx and 1xxxx series), and 2 zigbee devices that dropped while I was away. I have tons of other switches with 2 or 3 hours since reporting any status (compared to just the hour status reporting the previous firmware had).

FWIW, I also have 9 CREE bulbs, but their firmware was updated back in August:

I have no idea what changed from the beta release I was testing (and provided a lot of feedback on), and this production release; but something is definitely not right or the same.

Sometimes I feel as though ST has taken more steps backwards than forwards in improvements with their products/solutions, as well as continued erosion of their customer (and potential customer) confidence levels in ST’s ability to deliver something without people panicking when being notified of any change forced by ST that we have no control in saying when or over what period of time.

It’s pretty clear they have no idea what they are doing any more. And as a customer, I have no idea what I’m supposed to be doing any more to avoid problems. I’m now just confused on logins, apps, what to do and not do to keep the product from waking us up in the middle of the night or other 1st world inconveniences. It just sucks I guess.

1 Like

I’m reading this thread and feeling your pain.
I’m just glad I moved to Hubitat.
Pain free, 100% local, updates when I want them.
Might be worth considering.

2 Likes

Hmm, I have the Hubitat sitting right next to me unplugged. It was great in small scale testing months ago. I just didn’t have the heart to migrate 100+ things yet again. I guess it’s time to dive back in and start anew.

1 Like

Were you in the beta as AFAIK, Cree FW updates were only possible with this 24.10(11) hub FW update.

1 Like

It can run webCoRE but I would advise using native HE apps if possible.
webCoRE has been known to cause issues.
I gradually migrated stuff across starting about 6 months ago just to compare speed reliability etc. Everything is now moved over and ST has been turned off.
4 weeks ago I was away and my router went down the pan. When I got home everything had run faultlessly whilst away.
I loved ST when I first got into home automation but the unreliability of it was just not good enough for me.
Both systems have pluses and minuses.
You pays your money, you takes your choice.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me. Automations failed to run this morning, now I lost 90% of my devices. Not looking good logged into the ide only showing that I have three devices, I guess need to start looking at other hubs.

Can’t change modes again. But no problem as none of my automations seem to recognize what mode I’m in anyway.

Just came home and presence didn’t change mode to home. Tried to set it to home manually using routine, actiontiles, etc. Nothing worked. Finally gave up and opened door expecting the alarm to go off. Nothing happened. So sitting here in the house waiting for the other shoe to fall, so to speak. System says it is still in away mode, but nothing triggers the alarm. I can still use my lighting automations ok.

I can see this causing a major wife problem.

1 Like

And as the day has gone on I have more Iris sensors dropping offline again.

Sigh.

1 Like

What I find surprising is there has been no post on here from ST staff. (That I’ve seen anyway).
I appreciate it is a Sunday (when i post this) but the lack of any comment is a bit worrying. They may be beavering away in the background, but a simple comment like ’we recognise some users are having issues and we are investigating’ would go a long way to appease people.
Also there is nothing on the status page.

5 Likes

I would definitely email support. For me, the fact I see a green light, but no hub might mean mine is recoverable.

The ONLY devices I see are the arlo hub (not the cameras) and two cell phones.

2 Likes

I did try that as well. It showed a “virtual hub,” but not my real one. I am hesitant to try anything else. If I try reimporting it, I’m afraid it will nuke my 100 devices and I’ll have to start from scratch! I am definitely going to give support time to respond to me. I am hoping they have a way to re-add my hub and then my old devices will reappear.

Contacted them a few hours ago. Have you heard anything yet?

I haven’t heard back yet. I’m going to give them a few days, but the sooner the better.