Hub Firmware Beta Group, get ready to migrate!

I’ll work on that tonight.

Hi @nayelyz ,

Done, and really good timing! Ticket number 1390620.

I have a device called “Garage Refrigerator Outlet” that just went offline and is flooding my hub with these RAW messages:

raw:2D7D000022A300001CA232, dni:2D7D, errorCode:00, ieee:0022A300001CA232

@nayelyz - this is a zigbee metering plug so every change in watts it is sending the raw message. I’d really like to reset this plug, so please advise on if support has when they need so I can fix this.

EDIT. Fixed that outlet, but now here’s another doing the same thing: Sunroom Outlet Right. It’s now offline and sending raw messages to the hub:

raw:A5AC0014B457FFFEB2DD97, dni:A5AC, errorCode:00, ieee:14B457FFFEB2DD97

This is also a GE/Jasco metering outlet (not plug), and nothing is plugged into it right now so those raw messages will not be as frequent.

1 Like

@nayelyz, why would routines get disabled when i didn’t do it and none of the devices in those routines weren’t deleted from my hub? I woke up to find 4 routines disabled this morning. I updated my ticket with the names of the routines.

Hi, @johnconstantelo

The team is looking into this. We will let you know as soon as we have an answer.

1 Like

Thanks @andresg. The one thing that sticks out to me is that for both my Zigbee thermostats, Fan Mode is no longer a capability I can select in a routine, and I know that was there because that’s what a couple of my routines were using but now it’s gone. The only place anything fan related is in State, and it’s only “fan only”, not on or auto like it used to be. I hope that helps.

@andresg please investigate battery drain as well. Just had to replace two more batteries that I had replaced less than a month ago. All zigbee devices and rapid drain on most. Leak Sensors are the worst offenders.

2 Likes

FYI @andresg , it just took me 5 times, yes 5 times, to initiate my Goodnight routine and devices still didn’t get turned off. In fact, one of my apps to alert me that doors are left open too long just told me my kitchen frig doors and garage entry door have been open too long. They’re not by the way because I’m looking at them right now and they’re closed.

There is something seriously not working right, I’ve not had this level of instability since the early days of SmartThings, and it all started when the migration to Edge started.

1 Like

I thought it was just me! This has been an issue for me several times per day for weeks now.

@andresg ,

And miraculously “Fan mode” now partially shows back up again this morning, along with any associated Routine being disabled that was enabled…

Why would Fan mode be allowed for the “Then” part of the Routine, but not the If part? Here’s what I mean with two different routine examples: (FYI, notice the duplication of the capabilities)

Routine where the device is in the Then section:

A different Routine where the same device is in the If section:

BTW, I’m not trying to be difficult, I’m just trying to share as much of the weirdness with ST as I can to help figure out what’s going on.

1 Like

Are they leak sensors ST or with temperature capability?
Multipurpose also use up batteries fast?

ST leak sensors
Multi is about the same using Edge.

Leak sensors are draining at a rate of 5-10% a week. The one device that was migrated last week has dropped 19%.

I have been using @Mariano_Colmenarejo ST-Zigbee Moisture Sensor MC Edge driver for months with no battery problems. In setting you can adjust the temperature reporting intervals to help extend battery life.

3 Likes

done that! entered 240 which is the max. tried ST Edge Driver also

1 Like

Leak sensors with temperature information have a reporting setting of 300 sec and a reportable 1° shift.

In practice, this means that it sends reports every 5 minutes with a change of 0.1°.

If you use my driver you can set those reports to an interval of up to 4 hours and the reportable change up to 6°.

In practice, it saves many unnecessary transmissions in a water loss sensor.

For the multipurpose ones, which I think use my driver, you can also adjust the temperature reports.

But the penultimate version had a modification to the acceleration reporting settings that greatly reduced the 3-axis reports.
I’m not talking about sensitivity, use the accel cluster configuration

You can see with the CLI if every 5 minutes it sends the closed or open status only or also the 3-axis one.

If it reports the 2 capabilities every 5 minutes, I advise you to uninstall the sensor and reinstall it, so that the configuration of acceleration reports at 1 hour is carried out correctly. This saves a lot of battery.

1 Like

I am using your Driver and have it set to 240 min which is the max interval that I can set

I am also using your Driver

1 Like

But is very important for battery Life check the 3 axis configuration reports with CLI or uninstall and reinstall for a good configuration

1 Like

Here we go again…

While this latest hub firmware beta seems to be helping device stability, automations/routines still perform miserably. Simple routines like turning on a light when a door opens that has worked for years is now incredibly slow or doesn’t work at all. I also had another routine get disabled again, likely due to the same example I gave above for a thermostat’s fan mode not being there any more.

when routines get slower I reboot my hub. usually, it helps for another month or so.

Hi, @jkp. We will

2 Likes

As of today my contact sensors (ST multipurpose sensors and Ecolink contact sensors) paired with both stock edge drivers and Mariano’s edge drivers are running with 10-30 second delays. V3 Hub reboot did not solve the issue. These have previously been running great.