Hub Firmware Beta 25.26

I am not aware of blocking anything and have not changed anything recently that might result in blocking but I am not very experienced with Unifi’s firewall settings (which is also why I have not taken steps to block things). When I load the link above in my browser I get an empty HTML page - literally:

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

Last night I connected the ST hub to the ATT Uverse Gateway and the disconnections have not happened so when I get back home I will try to connect it back to the Unifi equipment to see if it starts again. If it does, it would suggest some incompatibility with the Unifi system however what eludes me is why this seems to be the only device to have issues.

I have not detected any other device grabbing 192.168.1.40 (my chosen IP for ST hub) and there are no known active DHCP servers on the network. To be sure, I turned on “DHCP Guarding” to ensure my router is the only allowed DHCP server.

UPNP is always off for security.

What are all the ports used by the hub? I wonder whether I may have assigned one to something else I am doing. I have not changed any of my port forwarding but it is worth checking.

The only blocking that I partially implemented is GeoIP. Blocking incoming traffic from certain countries. I believe when I turned it on I went with the countries listed on an article as the most likely sources for random hacking attempts to private networks:

I believe the list also included Italy but since I am from Italy I did not want to risk blocking something I’d be interested in accessing.

I can certainly turn this off but it has been on for a long time with no issues to the ST hub.

I am not sure what else to look at. I can’t seem to find a place in the Unifi Controller where I can see all connections (IP/port) of a certain client.

The only other thing that may be relevant, even though it has not changed in years in my setup, is that the Uverse router is not doing a real bridge mode but rather double NATing. It passes the public IP to my Unifi router but it can still handle it’s own network. The only thing connected to that network is the cable box I haven’t used in years and currently the ST hub for testing purposes.

As mentioned in my other posts, the ST hub occasionally stops responding to pings while the switch and the DNS I use never dropped packets in the same timeframe.

The current firmware on the Unifi equipment has been running for 5 days. The issue, I believe, started later. If connecting back to the Unifi equipment makes the issue come back, I can downgrade all the switches to the prior version.

Last time this happened I was told that additional features were being added to be able to troubleshoot this kind of issues. I am hoping they are live so we can figure out what is happening.