Hub Firmware Beta 0.30.4

Have you tried to “wake up” the device so that it sends a full status report?

The Door/Window Sensor 2 needs to be woken up to receive information about the new configuration from the controller, like parameters and associations.

To wake up the sensor manually, click one of the TMP buttons (while the other button is pressed).

I’m probably coming across as a bit of a petulant child. I haven’t bought something with unrealistic expectations, then chose to complain about it.

I had a fully functional system. And as of monday, this has been taken from me. I want back what I had. This update has done nothing to assist.

I can’t be any clearer. Unless you guys reinstall the whichever firmware was on my hub before the 0.30 version push on monday, you’ve left me with £500 worth of useless equipment.

Plus I’m going to need to purchase and install a regular dumb thermostat and 7 regular radiator valves after removing my now useless smart TRVs.

We’re in lockdown, on minimum cashflow, and a baby due anytime in the next few weeks.

I’m really, really annoyed and upset by all of this. I just want the older firmware back so I can use it the way I happily have done up until monday.

This is really, really bad crack guys. I championed this system to a lot of people for a long, long time, and literally overnight I’ve had my faith torn to shreds and the entire system has effectively been stolen when I went to bed on monday.

Come on, I really need a solution here, please … !

tried this on one device - still only registers contact (open/closed), no temp values.

would happily do this on more devices if it fixed the problem, but it’s a pain to remove and retape these things that have been permanently installed and working for 4+ years if “waking it up” doesn’t fix it

edit: temp log for the year for 1 device, until device stopped reporting b/c of the 5/4 update

Fibaro Dimmer 2 with Built-in DTH works perfectly fine after 0.30.4 update

Same here. Multichannel switch fixed but no temperature readings from Fibaro UBS.

How do I get the beta firmware. I could really do with this update?

@immortal, for now you are late for the beta. If there are not other issues, then you will receive the production version next week, if the planned release will go by the 12th as it was expected.

Ok. For future reference, how do I get beta firmware. If a problem like this arises again.

Are all new firmwares released as beta first? If so, how was this problem not picked up earlier?

@mpikounis, @johnny2678 and @immortal, have a look here for a detailed explanation what was happening and how the UBS should be fixed.

And some advice from @jody.albritton, if you are using the UBS with custom DH.

Z-Wave Issues with Firmware Update 30.3 - #128 by jody.albritton

1 Like

All is working now - including the temp sensor by polling as suggested by @Kailash_Sabhnani. I still have some objections regarding the handling of this crisis by ST but that’s a different discussion I guess.

Actually… not everything is OK. I am having issues with a FIBARO Double Relay (222). The first device works fine - turns on, reports status etc. However, the second child device is tuning on/off but status is not updated as it should.

I hit ON and I get a “Turning On” icon with no status notifications in the “Recently” tab of the child device. This was working prior to 0.30.3.

Any ideas?

I have joined the beta program, any chance the application can be accepted to see if this fixes my zigbee, multipurpose sensors, and motion sensors being offline? Thank you in advance.

Noone in the beta had these specific devices.

2 Likes

Did a test with a 10 endpoint device and it’s working as expected.

I got the 0.30.4 beta firmware but I don’t seem to have been accepted at centercode so I am unable to leave feedback. My Fibaro Flood Sensor is still not reporting temperature. I opened it up and pressed TMP while selecting ‘configuration’ from the app. I got an updated battery report from it, but still no temperature.

+1 to this. Finally back to stock DTH and local processing on 5 fibaro dimmer 2’s. Yay! :raised_hands:t4::muscle:t4:

2 Likes

@jlv, have you tried what @Kianoosh_Karami suggested with the polling of the device, by changing the code with that snippet?