Hub Firmware Beta 0.24.5

I’m replacing on offline device. If you look at my account, it’s called Living Room Lights. I’ve tried with it flagged as offline and I’ve tried without it flagged. Been offline for several days now.

I just enabled debug level logging on your hub, can you go ahead and attempt replace and I can see what is exactly going on.

Well, it looks the update has a better problem.

I’ve suddenly got about 20 devices reporting zero percent on the batteries. Oddly enough, the devices are still working.

Going in and refreshing the device does not help.

Edit - every device affected is an iris contact sensor.

Please open up a bug and list the devices reporting 0 where you think it should not be.

1 Like

Through regular reporting or through the beta?

Through Beta/Centercode please.

Started at 9:29 pm mountain time and got the hub can’t be reached at 9:32 pm.

Interesting. I’m not seeing this.

Submitted.

It looks like the new “z-wave door/temp sensor” handler was added to run local on 24.X. Anybody have one of those to test? The only fingerprints are for Innovelli contact sensor.

1 Like

GF reports that Echo integration has been completely disconnected from ST, will investigate tomorrow.

Virtual switches are working fine this morning. No problems with my iris contact sensors. Mobile presence is slow (about 10 minutes after I get home) and it had been solid before this on 2 iPhones. At least WebCoRE presence works.

Interesting… I’ve noticed that I haven’t received any battery events for almost all my zigbee devices, which means nothing within 7 days for log data (within the time frame of the last 2 beta releases).

That may not seem unusual for devices not frequently used, but I thought zigbee devices reported battery levels on some sort of frequency, not just when it changed.

@Kianoosh_Karami

Was there a past (regardless how far back) change in device firmware, or in ST DTH’s, that did something I missed? I swear I remember that that my zigbee devices frequently sent battery reports. Just seems odd that all my battery events look like this:

I had an ST presence sensor go offline for 2 days before I noticed it. It showed 25% battery, so I thought I needed to rejoin it, but instead the battery died and I never received any low battery notification.

I may have been off topic, but I thought I’d mention it anyway…

1 Like

@Zach_Varberg Would you please clarify regarding the reported battery issue?

Yeah, no problem @Kianoosh_Karami

I’m not sure what changed, but I swear something did change from what I thought use to happen with zigbee battery reporting.

When I look at any of my battery powered zigbee devices, I see no recent battery event, like in the image I posted above. I’m going through my 138+ zigbee devices right now, and I’ve only found a few that reported a battery event. One was the ST presence sensor I talked about in the post above, and the others are 4, 5, or 6 days old.

Like I said, maybe something was changed with zigbee devices to only report a change in battery level vs. a scheduled report; but now event logs don’t show the last data/time a battery level was sent because they’e beyond the 7 day retention period for event log data.

I agree, I see no and I mean no reports of battery level. One of my Zigbee devices showed 78% prior to the last firmware, and still shows 78%. Strange as this motion detector gets hit every few minutes. It is now the never ending battery.

1 Like

So the events will only show up in the history if the value changed, otherwise even if the device is reporting every so often, unless it’s a change it won’t show up in the event history. And because of the nature of the coin cell batteries it can be on the same 10th of a volt for a long time.

That said, I’ll pull some logs and make sure that the battery is still being reported.

1 Like

Thanks Zach. It would be nice to have an event created at least once a week considering there’s no data available to us to find out when it was last checked if it’s older than 7 days. Or, retain the last event log entry regardless how old it is.

1 Like

How can I get my replacement hub added to the beta list? My old hub failed

I did a check on your hub and I do see devices reporting battery. Obviously that doesn’t mean there isn’t a potential issues, but nothing looked out of sorts in the logs. Do let us know if things continue to be weird.