Hub Firmware 25.x Beta

No, you should not see a change from the existing raw description, but if you were to add a new device, you should see the latest and greatest.

Are you noticing something out of order?

We’ve finished rolling out to the majority of hubs. A few of you may not have received the update yet. That’s because we’re waiting to see if we need to do any additional testing focused on converting to the new Z-Wave framework, and you’re one of the chosen ones for this task. You can expect to receive updated firmware within then next week or two. If for some reason you need to start testing now, let me know.

2 Likes

Hi Kianoosh,
No, we are ok then.

I’m still on 24.00020. I got the email about this current rollout but nothing further.

We’ve held off on updating your hub, because you are using the Zen Thermostat. There is some question as to whether the new firmware is suitable for release to SmartThings users, and we are waiting to hear back from their engineering team.

1 Like

if we pair a S2 compatible device affter the update, should we still be getting networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_S2_FAILED

if we pair a S2 compatible device affter the update, should we still be getting networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_S2_FAILED

Good question. Something, I can look into. The problem is right now when a device gets added, there is no specification whether the device was added using S2 or S0. So we cannot determine the right security level.

I will look into this, but for time being. Use the Raw Description to notice if your device added using S0, lower case “s” to specify S0.

1 Like

I paired 3 devices after the firmware update and got these :

1. Zooz Double Plug (S2 certified)
    Data networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_S2_FAILED
    Raw Description zw:L type:1001 mfr:027A prod:A000 model:A003 ver:1.00 zwv:5.03 lib:03 cc:5E,25,85,8E,59,55,86,72,5A,73,70,71,32,9F,60,6C,7A role:05 ff:8700 ui:8701 epc:3 ep:[‘8700 5E,85,59,8E,25,32,6C,9F’]

2. Monoprice 24259 contact sensor (not S2 certified)
    Data networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_S0_LEGACY
    Raw Descriptionzw:Ss type:0701 mfr:0208 prod:0201 model:0008 ver:1.05 zwv:4.34 lib:03 cc:5E,86,72,71,59,85,80,84,73,70,7A,98,5A sec:71,59,85,80,84,70,7A role:06 ff:8C00 ui:8C00

3. Iris 3210-L Plug z-wave repeater (Not S2 certified)
    Data networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_LEGACY_NON_SECURE
    Raw Description zw:L type:0F01 mfr:0246 prod:0001 model:0001 ver:1.02 zwv:4.05 lib:06 cc:5E,72,86,5A,73,85,59 role:05 ff:9B00 ui:9B00

Uploaded hub logs if you want to check them out.

Some other miscellaneous questions:

• Will a device handler need anything special to enable S2 pairing?
  • Can an S2 device pair securely through a non-S2 device?

I am part of the Beta and have some testing tasks to do, but haven’t received the 25 firmware. My hub 2 UK is still on FW 24.20 .
I have some new issue with my Multisensor (motion) light automation not turning the light off after 3 minutes as programmed in the Automation…
I want to test this with FW 25 and hope this will be resolved…

Please let me how I can get the beta FW 25
Thanks

You’re part of the group held in reserve for additional testing focused on converting to the new Z-Wave framework. However, I’ll have the 25.x firmware pushed to you now so that you can do your testing.

Great, thank you,
Look forward to FW 25. Hopefully this will fix my issues with the motion sensors (which are Aeotec multisensor -> Z-wave).
I will report back via the Beta testing site.
Thanks again !

Received the beta yesterday and didn’t notice any issues except for my Aeotec Nano Switch (ZW116) going offline. A quick break flip to cycle the power fixed that. Not a beta issue but still a SmartThings issue, is there any way the default Z-Wave Metering Switch and Z-Wave Metering Switch Secure DTH’s can be changed to stop the enforcement of parameter 101 and 111 on the Aeon Labs/Aeotec devices? This sets the power metering parameters to unrealistic values. That or make these default DTH’s parameters editable.

EDIT: I’ve had the same device lock up again. I’m going to reset it again after giving it a while to see if it will come back on it’s own. It may also be due to making changes and testing the device handler code it uses. Regardless of outcome, I’m going to test a bit further before looking at the hub upgrade as a potential culprit.

Anyone with Xiaomi temp sensors? They all stopped reporting temperature, other parameters work fine. Anything to do with this beta?

Does the change to Zigbee messages include adding the “F” / “C” unit to the raw description string of temperature reports?

It appears that it did, although that was unintentional. If you use the functions we provide for parsing temperature it is handled either way so I didn’t catch this in testing. I will dig a little deeper to make sure that there wasn’t something else related to temperature that I missed, but otherwise I should be able to have a fix out for this in the next couple of days.

Thanks, Zach!

I helped work on a couple DTHs that don’t handle it properly, but I’ll fix that.

Do you know if there’s anything else significant that’s changed in the way parsed messages are sent to the DTH? Such as… an endpoint value is now included???

Anyone using using Dome sirens (or the Zooz equivalent)? If so, can you check if you can use the bells, chimes, and sirens tiles from the mobile app (Classic)?

I can’t, just the main tile works. Since event logs only go back 7 days, which is when I got the firmware update, I don’t know if it’s hub related or device (DTH) related. I have 2 of these devices, and both exhibit this behavior.

@Kianoosh_Karami, do you guys have any of these devices you can test with?

Here’s another question for the beta group:

Anyone using Keen vents? I’ve stopped getting temperature readings from all 11 vents. As with my Dome siren question, event logs only go back 7 days, which is when I got the firmware update, so I don’t know if it’s hub related or device (DTH) related.

@Kianoosh_Karami, do you guys have any of these devices you can test with too?

I have a Keen and can confirm it stoped getting temperature reports. I believe @ady624 has a pull request in staging to fix this. Sounds like a similar issues to the Xiaomi issue @veeceeoh reported above.

1 Like

Interesting. There’s also an issue with Keen’s firmware on the newer vents that don’t properly open when given an “on” command. The workaround I had to implement was pass a level set to open the vent after it was closed.

I submitted that to both Keen and ST a few months ago.