Hub Firmware 17.x Beta

The delay problem I mentioned only happened that one night so that’s unrelated and the cause of all the other problems I mentioned is the Aeon Doorbell.

I’ve had a user that’s not part of the beta perform some tests and they’re device is still working the way mine did before the upgrade, but I’m still trying to find someone in the beta to test it

If you have the Aeon Doorbell paired securely, part of the beta program, and on v2 of the hub, please go to this post and perform the test it mentions.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it’s just a coincidence on my system, but I’d like to be sure one way or the other.

Well that is what I thought, but it is strange that on both days it got pinged and then went off. I will see if it happens again. If live Logging would stay up for 24 hrs I can check the log if something happens. But lately the IDE logs me out within minutes. it is so flaky lately.

1 Like

Every single time I’ve had devices do the mystery on/off… there was massive pinging from the hub.

I honestly believe the devices are taking the ping as an on/off command… but more than likely the hub is sending something in the ping that causes the on/off command.

Yes and I think some devices are more susceptible to this problem.

Mine is always the GE switches

That would explain a lot. Just feeding me a sugar pill and waiting for me to complain about new pains. I am finally showing as officially on 17 007.

Yes Cree bulb has dropped a couple times, but it started doing that after the 16.13 so not new, 1 Gardenspot dropped off but it was only a powercycle not a full 5/5 reset to reconnect. So that was an improvement and it was the string furthest from hub instead of the 2 sets closest to house, so that was also new.

A few delayed device status updates. Like daughter got home about 2am and when I went to bed at 3am it was still showing door ( Schlage 469 ) as unlocked. Even after I ran goodnight I actually had to go out and physically check the lock to make sure it was locked.

Just got notification about 20 minutes ago the back yard lights are off ( GE ZW ) . Look at history and is shows turned on/off at 1:45, yet looking at motion sensors there was no movement on the porch since 1:22 and that was either a cat or dog since we are both in living room and nobody else is home to have turned them on/off.

3 times in the past year I have had multiple devices either turn on our turn off. And when I say multiple, I mean anywhere from 40 devices and up.

The thing I noticed in the …

• there was ALWAYS multiple pings from the hub to every affected device right before it occurred.

I also have a second theory…

I have noticed on two occasions that I was using a Minimote at the time it occurred. But the Minimote was not responding correctly. But the logs were inconclusive on that.

It just seems to big of a coincidence.

I am taking it they are still having cloud issues as I had to reboot my modem and router and it shows green online but not connecting again.

My Dragon Tech went off again, there was a ping and off it went. This is driving me crazy.

1 Like

These are the same switches

I am pulling my hair out of my head trying to think about why this is happening. Did you report it to Beta support?

It has not happened since the Beta to 17…

This has happened to me randomly over the past year… nothing ever consistent.

So, no, nothing to report on the beta.

Today so far twice off, I will continue to test. If it goes off again I will plug it in without a load and see if that affects it.

1 Like

are yours plug in modules? Mine are all in wall switches.
My plugs in are GE outdoors modules and Leviton plug ins.

The one in question is the Z-Wave Plus Dragon Tec, my others are IRIS and iHome. I also have one WeMo which I don’t depend on and I ordered a Leviton today. My IRIS are very dependable as well as the iHome. I just wish SmartThings would update the drivers so the iPS 8 would show the power in ST. Now I have to use the ihome app.

None of my GE switches are zWave +

I have to keep rebooting my hub. My ZigBee is non functional and listed as non functional in the IDE. After rebooting about 6-7 times it finally works for about 8 hours and then craps out again. The IDE still says I am 16 but I got an email that they pushed the beta to my hub. If this beta causes devices to be non functional then it certainly is not as stable of a version as they made it out to be. But that is nothing new with ST. I should not have to reboot my hub constantly. I can tell you that no reasonable consumer will pay for crap like this. I am an early adopter so hopefully my experience will get them to make it better and maybe one day my great grandchildren will have a true automated home without all the hiccups. Hey ST just put my name in the credits so my great grandchildren will know that their ole grandpa had a part in making their lives easy because ST made his life hell. WAF 0.

The email said they were, not that they did. You may not have the beta.

1 Like

Anyone on NA02 still has not had the beta firmware released.

I received an email stating that they sent the beta and that my hub went offline and I was to reboot it so the firmware could upload to my hub. I have a feeling that it fried my hub or at least the ZigBee portion of my hub. So if that is the case I will be left with having to get a new hub and then starting all over since there is no way to transition hub to hub without setting up every device again. I certainly hope that is not the case but if it is that will be the 3rd time for me.