Hub Firmware 17.x Beta

Nothing here yet. But I will have to do it manually as it never updated without me rebooting hub.

Iā€™m in UK on EU shard.
Perhaps they are experimenting on us first. :wink:

1 Like

This is actually correct. We have rolled out to the EU hubs first as we didnā€™t want peoples hubs to be doing the update during the middle of the night.

Iā€™d recommend being patient and not manually power cycling. If you are not on NA01/NA02, we have not put your hub on the list yet. We can see your hubs checking in for updates and will reach out if any manual steps are required.

1 Like

All I can say at this stage is that all automations for lights with motion using CoRE are working OK.
Not seeing anything unusual in the logs or events either.
Happy days so far.

1 Like

My Fibaro Dimmer 2 no longer respondsā€¦ Canā€™t turn off my kitchen light now! Lol

Just started here. New firmware. Two smart lightning not triggered by fibaro motion sensors. Both sensors logged movement.

How do we know which node we are on? I see Zigbee Node 0000 and Z-Wave 01

Please email all feedback to beta@smartthings.com. Thanks

It refers to Shards (itā€™s in the URL).

Hmm. Thatā€™s interesting.
I have 2.
One controlling a bathroom fan triggered by humidity and another controlling kitchen cabinet lights.
The bathroom one is triggering on off ok.
Kitchen one isnā€™t.

OK John where do I see that. in the URL bar of the Browser, if so when on the HUB tab of the IDE?

Just did a 3 pin reset on the kitchen Dimmer and it is now working ok.

Sorry for the confusion; the shard you are running on is not obvious to end users (and it generally shouldnā€™t need to be). If you are not in Europe, you are most likely on NA01 or NA02 (NA = North America). If you login to the IDE and select your location and look at the URL bar, you can tell the shard you are on based on the URL:

Sorry for the confusion. We have not yet started rolling out to NA01/NA02 hubs.

I am on NA01 as it says graph.api.smartThings.com. So according to Paul it should be soon after EU is done.

On 17.7 not seeing any differences yetā€¦

Do you have any Fibaro Dimmers?
Just wondering if they are functioning OK as one of my 2 dimmers stopped responding.
EDIT: Looking in the events it just stopped responding after the hub update. No energy reports. All very quiet.

How did you get it working Bob? Tried reinstalling mine and it still isnā€™t playing ballā€¦

Disconnected power to it. Waited 10 seconds. Powered back up.
Now able to control it through the smartapp and also triggering on/off through CoRE pistons.

My hub on NA01 just updated. Took 4 minutes from offline to online push notification.

Glad you got it workingā€¦ no such luck here unfortunatelyā€¦ Completely uninstalled mine from ST, re-detected and connected fine but not controllable whatsoeverā€¦ Reset the device handlerā€¦ still no joyā€¦ leaving it for the weekend nowā€¦!