Hub Firmware 17.x Beta

No issues here, both CoRE and SmartRules borth working.

Yes I did and Yes I am. I wasnā€™t sure if it was beta or a platform issue.

Interesting. No issues here.

well, I figured out my problemā€¦ All of my piston are missing the IF blocks!

Since the beta FW update Ive had to rebuild more than half of my pistons because of this. (11 pistons so far)

1 Like

Pretty sure we can take for granted that pretty much any firmware update has the capacity to randomly null out various state objects?
It doesnā€™t seem to always do this, wonder if it has something with the given SA being active during the update?
Then again, the core issues started what, yesterday?, and the firmwareā€™s been out for 3-4 days at least?

True, Iā€™ve expected some kind of problemsā€¦ and a loss of state in CoRE is not a big dealā€¦ quick fix once I realized what it was.

This is what is suspicious to me. Mine updated 5 days ago and still no problems with CoRE, Smart Lighting or anything.

I donā€™t think it is firmware, as other people not on the beta have been reporting problems. I have no problems that I have found so far.

I am quite sure the firmware canā€™t cause issues with core pistons and this is database back-end wackyness that happens every few months.

1 Like

SmartThings sent me an email that there is a system wide problem processing things like SHM, so that might be causing it. Mine just stopped working also. My VLC thing stopped working also.

Just checked System Status. It took a long time for it to load and got this message.

Amazon servers crashed. Custom skills are inop right now.

ST uses Amazon AWS

So that is why VLC, big talker and CoRE are absent without leave.

My CoRE is working. I did not use the other two. But EchoSistant is out of commission until the AWS cloud is restored.

I managed to log in a minute ago, and everything was goneā€¦ So Iā€™m hoping the back ups are intactā€¦lol

No CoRE, and I guess VLC Remote and Big Talker are on those servers also.

LOL, Amazon order history not working at present either. Whoops.

Time for a shopping spree.

I must be on a different AWS farm, because Bigtalker etc are working fine here. ::pray:

Love their status page, seems familiarā€¦

https://status.aws.amazon.com/

all green, just not workingā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like