Hub Firmware 17.11 Release Notes

Happening again on random device including device that I just changed the battery on. Can’t even reset the device to repair it as the motion sensor just keeps blinking blue for a few minutes and then stops. But the device is still unavailable.

I’ve been with ST for a year now and probably not going to make another. Wife getting upset lights coming on when they are not supposed to or what’s she’s gotten used to randomly stops working.

I would agree. This kind of inconsistency puts me far closer to the family pain threshold than I care to be. Disappointed for sure. I am hopeful that there is improvement soon. I’d really rather not go hub shopping.

1 Like

Looks like the same thing I am experiencing and the problem is growing . When moving from Beta to general release 1 GE 12722 switch showed as offline and stopped responding BUT is still reporting state changes to hub. Now 2 weeks later (almost) every GE plug in module ( both indoor, outdoor and dimmer) is showing as offline. Yet only 1 of them is actually offline and will not respond to manual commands or automations. Z-wave repair showed them as failed, yet Repair/Replace comes back as " device not considered failed" or just spins until it times out. I would think timing out trying to communicate with device would indicate failure, but… How can a device not report for over 7 days, not respond to commands, yet not be considered failed ? How can a device be reporting changes when manually switched yet show as offline and
Also Cree bulb and Osram gardenspots that were stable on Beta are now dropping like flies again. ( I really do need to figure out how I can wire up new outlets so I don’t have to crawl under the porch to get to the outlets to powercycle, reset the Gardenspots.)
Of course Support while being cordial about it apologizes, but insists that nothing is wrong. they have had no other reports of this issue. While a scroll through forum is full of similar reports. " Have you tried powercycling the hub to force a reboot ? .Well if you read the email, it listed in order, all the things I had done before contacting you. I am pretty sure since I can look in my app and IDE and see when hub was last rebooted that they can too. I did get a chuckle with the reply in the middle of the afternoon " we only show 1 light being on in your house right now". It was all I could do to not reply with " It’s 3 in the afternoon, there shouldn’t be any lights on in my house. "

If you were on beta 17.11, you actually haven’t gotten any new updates since the last beta update because beta 17.11 is exactly the same as 17.11 general. So it’s weird that these issues are showing up when the firmware hasn’t changed. I’m doing some asking around to see if there’s maybe something that changed in our cloud software that could be affecting these devices.

3 Likes

Curious, Just installed my Hub, Vers. 16.14. I’m not asking when I’ll get the update but if I’ll get the update to 17.12. I didn’t know if I missed the window or if it’s automatic on ST’s end.

Thanks

We haven’t switched over the default channel for “day 0” updates as of yet, so there are a set of hubs (yours included) that will get the update once we finalize that testing. We’ll pull emails for registered hubs prior to pushing that update. You should 24 hours ahead of the update window.

TLDR; it’s coming and we’ll let you know in advance that the update is coming.

Hey there - I am on the V1 hub but two sets of my gardenspots have been going offline and nothing I can do will bring them back. I end up having to replace the power supply and transmitter from another new set to get it to work.

Have you figured anything out?

PS - it is important to note that I have another set maybe two feet from this one that is not an issue.

Why everyone a staff after reply to this?

ST hired us all. And then apparently fired us all.

Where’s my bonus check!

???

1 Like

Did you push a feature to market without proper testing? Did you push a product to market whilst knowing it would blow up in your pocket? Did you fire someone because they were costing the company too much money spending time arguing about how you don’t do your job right? No?

THEN NO BONUS FOR YOU!

I think that’s a perfectly legit sentence. He’s obviously Sean Spicer’s nephew.

1 Like

I skipped work and slept in instead…

1 Like

Oh…well then…ok…10% on top of the usual 3% this year. Great job!