Hub Firmware 17.11 Release Notes

Is the rollout still on hold? I got the email saying I would get it yesterday but so far I don’t think anything has happened, although that sounds like a good thing. Didn’t get any further emails since 3/21.

Got an email yesterday that update was postponed, but don’t remember seeing one to let me know that it is scheduled to be pushed…

I have received the update shine while ago. It went smooth and didn’t have any problems.

But over the last few days I’m beginning to see some very large lag times.

3 reboots later, hub is back online… wish there was a way to backup zwave and zigbee mesh… hate to rebuild network of over 100 devices if the hub dies…

FWIW, more latency here, too. Seems sometimes more noticeable than others. And I do NOT have the new hub firmware…

1 Like

Yup, I too can confirm lag times now where previously there were none. Most noticeable with the Iris motion sensors & lights switched on by them… AFAIK they should all be running local… Never the less, the delays are there, up to 5 seconds, and in some cases things “never happen”. It also seems, in my very unscientific analysis, to correspond to the local 'Nets busy times - morning and early night.

J

I had some lag for a few hours last night, but things seem to be normal today… so far.

I have not been updated yet, but with the people that have had problems with their hub being locked up I can wait. It makes me once again wish we had a way to backup our hubs… HINT HINT. (any chance of backup ever coming samsung?)

1 Like

This is exactly what I’m seeing. Iris motion and contact sensors turning on GE switches. All automated via smart lighting and ruining local.

Same here. Fairly uncommon, but I have noticed some 4-5 second delays on motion-initiated lights.

Any update?

1 Like

So, just got my V2 hub today, am I good to plug this in and update or am I better to wait till this issue is figured out?

Some reply from official Smartthings staff would be nice.

The update was postponed. Feel free to get started.

1 Like

Any idea when the update will be restarted?

Thanks Tyler, love this open communication, just one of the reasons I choose SmartThings.

2 Likes

How does one ‘get started’?

1 Like

You have to put in the key.

4 Likes

Sorry for being incommunicado for a few days - @posborne and I have been digging hard at what exactly went wrong with the update last week so that it doesn’t happen again. The good news is that we’ve been able to reliably reproduce the issue and identify fixes to prevent it from happening again. We’re working on those fixes now.

Updates are still postponed until we can test and verify that we’ve addressed the issues - we’ll update here and by email when we’re ready to move forward again. I also have a postmortem that I’ll be sharing before starting releases again.

Thanks for your patience all!

14 Likes

017.00011 have been rock stable her.
The beta testing you did this round was a good solution for the future IMHO
Hope you get the last bug fixed soon, so further enhancements gets you full attention :slight_smile:
Was hoping for some more tools for z-wave mesh, anything on the roadmap here?
Override route, mapped mesh/routing table and such.

In addition to the issues with lag times and the Iris motions sensors, I’ve also had a somewhat random number of ZWave devices report as “unavailable” since the 17.11 update landed on my hub. Oddly, the “unavailable” devices seem to function correctly when the next ZWave command is issued, whether that is a direct command in the app or via a SmartApp automation. All of the devices that have behaved this was are Leviton dimmers. So, in practice, nothing is wrong except that the app reports “unavailable” in the UI.