Hub Connected Devices Now Use Edge Drivers

Correct. I posted screenshots here. Potentially confusing for users, but thank you for the confirmation to not worry.

1 Like

Can you share the Brand and model of those devices you reinstalled using drivers, please?

Also, have you checked the info in the driverā€™s log to see the incoming events?

For that, you need to install the ST CLI (here are the instructions) and execute the command:

smartthings edge:drivers:logcat 

Then, enter your Hubā€™s IP address (which you can find in the IDE > My Hubs) and select the driver from the list.

It was a few of these: sonoff snzb-02
And one of these: Innr SP 224-2

I installed the CLI, but am not really sure what Iā€™m looking for in the logs.

I have four of these temperature & humidity sensors.
What driver are you using with them?

Iā€™m using ā€œZigBee Temp Humidity Sensor Mcā€ because I only saw a stock ZigBee humidity sensor.

From here: (EDGE Driver-Mc): Zigbee Temp Sensor and Child Thermostat Mc, Zigbee Temp Sensor with Thermostat Mc - #173 by Mariano_Colmenarejo

2 Likes

Iā€™m working on an updated driver for the SNZB-02, should be in beta shortly. I have quite a few of the sensors and am porting my DTH over with any device peculiarities.

2 Likes

I see. Was this strange behavior (lights going on and off unexpectedly) reported by others with that device and driver combination? I didnā€™t see that but didnā€™t read the whole thread.

Thatā€™s the same one Iā€™m using.

You shouldnā€™t be seeing any adverse affects from that, since itā€™s just a temperature and humidity sensor, unless youā€™ve got a routine associated with it somehow.

1 Like

Hi,

The deviceProfileName for the Fibaro Carbon Monoxide Sensor in the zwave-smoke-alarm fingerprint is set incorrect. Currently lists deviceProfileName: fibaro-co-sensor-zw5.
I think it should actually be deviceProfileName: co-battery-temperature-tamperalert-temperaturealarm.
Is there anyone who can fix this please?

I am not familiar with the device but clearly the profile matches up with the source code which specifies two preferences. So might I suggest you explain your reasoning?

Sorry Iā€™m still new to this and still learning.

But if Iā€™m not mistaken the deviceLabel is the device name, in this case Fibaro Carbon Monoxide sensor (Or Fibaro CO sensor ZW5 as it was called in the Groovy Device Type Handler).
And the deviceProfileName contains the parameters the device measures/senses and displays in the app.

Looking at other devices as example:
deviceLabel: First Alert Smoke Detector
deviceProfileName: smoke-co-battery

deviceLabel: Fibaro Smoke Detector
deviceProfileName: smoke-battery-temperature-tamperalert-temperaturealarm

For both of the above devices the deviceProfileName contains the parameters that specific device measures/senses.

Back to the Fibaro CO sensor. This device is currently listed as:
deviceLabel: Fibaro Carbon Monoxide Sensor
deviceProfileName: fibaro-co-sensor-zw5
But for the Fibaro CO sensor the parameters are actually CO-battery-temperature-tamperalert-temperaturealarm.
So what I would expect for the Fibaro CO sensor:
deviceLabel: Fibaro Carbon Monoxide Sensor
deviceProfileName: CO-battery-temperature-tamperalert-temperaturealarm
or
deviceLabel: Fibaro CO sensor zw5
deviceProfileName: CO-battery-temperature-tamperalert-temperaturealarm

The profile name points to an actual profile defined in the profiles folder of the driver. In this case thereā€™s one specifically designed for the device:

1 Like

Ok, thank you for explaining!

Iā€™ve read through this thread and Iā€™m mostly just left confused! I have a bunch of GE switches that do not show up as edge drivers. Actually none of my GE switched are showing up as edge. What do I need to do? Do I have to remove each one from ST and add again?

1 Like

It can definitely be confusing! The automatic transition for devices already on your account has not started to happen yet, so you will probably not see any edge drivers unless you have enrolled in the beta program or unless you manually download them yourself.

The automatic transition for devices already on your account is not scheduled to start until September 30 and even then it may take several months to be complete.

Meanwhile, there are some production edge drivers being loaded for some customers, so as you add new devices to your system some of them may onboard with an edge driver. Otherwise just wait and eventually everything will catch up.

3 Likes

Is there a way to tell if a more recent version of an enrolled/installed edge driver is available in the enrolled channel - presumably using the CLI?

In the app, I see the current driver version on the deviceā€™s page, and wonder if there maybe a more recent version available to which I should switch. Iā€™m thinking there must be a way to find out other than nagging the original developer.

When the developer pushes an update, it will take up to 12 hours for your Hub to get it but we canā€™t see if thereā€™s a new version coming.
Iā€™ve seen that using the command smartthings edge:drivers:install can help us get the latest version published in the Channel. I think itā€™s worth trying to see if a new one is installed.

I tried smartthings edge:drivers:install, but it did not report any version information. It reported the channels available from which I might install a driver from, and then reported the driver ID which it installed ā€“ but no version number information.

How do I use it to get the version number(s)?

smartthings edge:channels:assignments
will show versions of each driver controlled by a channel.

2 Likes

I too am a bit confused (so what else is new?) Thereā€™s just too much to read through here to catch up and see if there is an answer, and searching wasnā€™t fruitful, so Iā€™ll just ask here:

I have been removing and adding devices (Leviton switches, etc.) so that they pick up the Edge driver in my old V2 hub. When I did that to one of my old SmartThings SmartSense Multipurpose sensors, it no longer can be used on ā€œa garage doorā€ because the 3 axis sensor and vibration sensor are very non-responsive. Even when a do get the axis numbers to change, the sensor refuses to change open/close. In fact, even with the garage door setting turned on, the contact part still works with the magnetic part to determine open and closed. My other Multipurpose sensor connected with the old DTH code works fine.

So then I unpacked a new Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor. The axis sensitivity is fine. But it also wonā€™t function in garage door mode. It also needs the mag contact to determine open/closed. Whatā€™s going on? I bought the multi sensors because of their ability to function without the magnetic part.

Thanks
Allan