How to use the "on" press from my dimmer to sequentially turn on lights

That’s what I’ve been hoping someone would bring up before I reached the end of the thread to add my thoughts. Thanks!

From a fully functioning application standpoint, is there a way to programatically set the number of lights in the preferences section at runtime (or installation, etc.)? I don’t need it, but I’d like to publish it for others.

If you’re going to publish this for others, please name the device handler based first on the device class so it will be easier for others to find later. (You can name the smartapp whatever you like.)

So

“Zwave Dimmer with short press state reporting enabled” or something like that.

Then include a comment line “Tested with GE model #…”

That makes it easier for people to understand why one device handler is different than another for the same device class.

No. Not without replacing the single multiple input with a loop of single inputs.

Multiple count dynamic inputs can be done using dynamic pages, I have a scene capture app that does just such a thing. There’s not many applications that use dynamic pages, and even less documentation available for creating them, they are way harder to debug as well.

My suggestion would be to nail your base functionality using the static input counts before diving into dynamic pages. I spent a good two weeks dinking with dynamic pages before I got them working then another week to get them the way I wanted…

1 Like