[HOW TO] SmartThings Presence reporting using Tasker/SharpTools/AutoLocation

I initially had issues with SmartThings reporting my device at home when it was not. This is what fixed it for me.

Mostly used settings and steps from destructure00 CHRIS’s very first post
These are just notes to help with destructure00 CHRIS’s very first post please refer to it for full procedure.

except these slight changes and I will try to clarify some steps so you do not make the same mistakes I did.

Step 1.
Create a virtual presence sensor in SmartThings.
a. Open ST IDE in your browser https://graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com/
** - select login (top right corner) and login**
** - select my location (top left corner)** and select your hub
b. Choose My Devices from the top menu
c. Click the green New Device button at the top right of your device list
d. Fill out Name, Label, give it a unique Device Network ID (something like presence-001, -002, etc should work, choose Simulated Presence Sensor from the Type drop-down menu, Version - Published, Location - select your location, Hub - select your hub, then Create.

Step 3
Authorize SharpTools to access your devices
You only need to authorize the virtual presence sensor that you created in step 1

Step 5 set my inner perimeter to 200 m (I don’t think this will be a big deal but I am listing every little thing I did differently) I used the small orange up arrow at the bottom right and then typed in the range.
Step 5 you do twice one for each size Geofence (I used 200 m for inner and 1500 m for outer) one for inner and one for outer.
Of course when you do step 5 twice you name them differently
I also did not put any spaces in the names
I used home-inner and home-outer for names

Steps 6 and 10 (this is where I think a lot of the problems are coming from)
In step 6 instead of selecting “geoface name” I selected “manual name” and typed in “home-outer” (my outer Geofence) again no spaces and no"" do not select the Geofence Name option above Manual Name.
Creating near home

In step 10 instead of selecting “geoface name” I selected “manual name” and typed in “home-inner” (my inner Geofence) again no spaces and no"" not the Geofence Name.
Creating home-location

Steps 6, 8, 10, and 11 (some problems are coming from this as well I did it wrong at first)
make sure you rename the profiles correctly and select the correct spot
Don’t rename the circled red in the picture below.

note: All my WiFi network SSID are transmitting not hidden.

After you get it working correctly you can just press the lightning bolt on the top of your phone screen and disable notifications as SmartThings will handle the popup notifications

hope this helps

1 Like