[OBSOLETE] How to: SmartThings_MyQ SmartApp using MyQ Sensors with IFTTT

I’m having the same issue as everyone else. I’m seeing it only triggers at 3:55 pm and 9:55pm

Thank you very much!

Came here to report the same thing. I am getting severely delayed applet runs and it’s causing my wife and I to think the garage is open when it is not.

Disabled the piston for now, but hoping it’s resolved soon.

Hate to hear this. Definitely a bad look for IFTTT now that we’re having to actually pay for it, but I wonder if it’s something on the MyQ side of the integration?

Glad to hear things are still working well for everyone with the sensors at least.

I just got reply from ifttt for the ticket I submitted on Saturday. Unfortunately I already moved on to putting up two sensors on the garage doors and left ifttt permanently. The myq lite is working much better than before.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, we’re currently receiving a much higher number of queries than usual.

MyQ are currently investigating some issues which cause delayed trigger actions related to their services. The MyQ service is provided by a third party, but we are monitoring the issue and assisting MyQ to find a resolution. We appreciate your patience as we work on this.

Yeah I got the same email from them. Haven’t bought the sensors yet, I actually have the MYQ Home Assistant integration working as a backup, which is able to get the status of the door. MYQ doesn’t seem to play very well with most other integrations from what I’ve read, having blocked the status from being sent to the entire Smartthings platform some time back. So, it doesn’t sound like it really is IFTTT’s fault, but once you get all these parties involved they sure do like to just point the finger at each other and no one takes responsibility to fix it.

I have a webcore piston that warns me if the door fails to close by receiving an IFTTT open trigger when the door is already open. That wouldn’t work with the tilt sensor or Home Assistant integration. I consider that an important safety warning having 3 small kids, so will give them some time to hopefully straighten this out before totally giving up on it.

It looks like one of the Applets was deleted?

I do not see a 2nd door open under your username on iFTTT.

The myq IFTTT applets have been working reliably all day for me.

Reporting back, looks like issue has been fixed.

I just added this to Smartthings and it opens and closes the doors but the tiles in ST stays on “opening” and the virtual switch stays on “Checking Status”. Any thoughts?

Uninstalled everything and try from scratch, everything back but my Garage Door says “Unknown”, then I hit the closer switch and says closing for a bit then ends with “Unknown”.

EDIT: Missed something but got it working again

Hi myq just stopped working a few days ago so I Uninstalled the myq handler and app then did a fresh install from community installer now all I get is checking status and the both virtual icon are on but do nothing. When I check in the close/open icon the cloud are crossed out / is this an issue I would have to contact tech support about? I just want the open close feature no sensor.
Thanks for any input on this.
Lou

Thank you, this worked very well. Working on how to deal with people arriving.

My IFTTT virtual sensors stopped working last night. Anyone else having issues or is it just me? Nothing triggers in IFTTT for me from the myq side right now.

EDIT - the MYQ support site has confirmed an outage
https://support.chamberlaingroup.com/s/contact-us

Down today, I’m getting myq login errors from the smartthings app. Anyone else?

Yes, I was getting errors today too.

Running again, but any more of this and I’ll be moving to opengarage.io.

Was thinking of a tilt sensor to replace the IFTTT sensor but this opengarage device looks pretty cool. I’ll look into it more and try and start a new post about it.

1 Like

Just wanted to say thanks for this great guide. I’m a SmartThings and IFTTT total newbie and I got my garage door working on the first try thanks to your instructions.

Thank you!

1 Like

Really appreciate this worked for me too
Only gotcha is (unrelated to this), the garage door opener tile on devices on SmartThings app (new Android) does not open the garage door (towards the end of the steps here). I need an scene and that works (and door status updates correctly thanks to this post)