[OBSOLETE] How to: SmartThings_MyQ SmartApp using MyQ Sensors with IFTTT

Yes, I was getting errors today too.

Running again, but any more of this and I’ll be moving to opengarage.io.

Was thinking of a tilt sensor to replace the IFTTT sensor but this opengarage device looks pretty cool. I’ll look into it more and try and start a new post about it.

1 Like

Just wanted to say thanks for this great guide. I’m a SmartThings and IFTTT total newbie and I got my garage door working on the first try thanks to your instructions.

Thank you!

1 Like

Really appreciate this worked for me too
Only gotcha is (unrelated to this), the garage door opener tile on devices on SmartThings app (new Android) does not open the garage door (towards the end of the steps here). I need an scene and that works (and door status updates correctly thanks to this post)

From the github page
Notice: 2021-08-26 - This app is currently broken for everyone due to a MyQ API change. I am hoping to get a fix for it, but it is not a minor change and could take several days to get going.

6 Likes

thanks for your work on this …

Sorry for bugging about this. Does anyone know if the smartapp in ST is working again? I am getting a incorrect login error when i try to login to MyQ with the ST app. the connection is broken…am i missing something or is this an API fix that still needs to happen. Input is very much appreciated!

im not sure that the myQ token value needs to be? I am not a programmer… thanks

Did you happen to look at this?

He has released a new app and a way to generate the token needed by the new app.

Some people are still having issues after upgrading to the new version. I am lucky enough to have gotten it working again using the information I found there.

Edit: see post 2440 or 2441 someplace there he officially mentions he released the fix.

1 Like

When I get to step 1.4.2, choosing LAN/Other the Capabilities list does not appear. Not sure where I go from here?

Will this solution still work after Groovy support ending on 9/30/2022.

I was just wondering the same thing! @brbeaird do you know if this will still be supported? I just finished moving everything from webcore over into Smartthings, the only thing I have left to figure out is the Garage Doors, and I do use MyQ for that. I also have a SharpTools account.

I’m currently working on an Edge driver to replace the groovy SmartApp. It actually will not require a sensor, so this workaround will not be needed.

3 Likes

This will be huge! Can’t wait to try this out!

Did you get a work around going? Webcore is gone and MyQ is dead in the water for integration with ST

1 Like

Thanks, I saw this but unfortunately I don’t have a PC that is on all the time. Looking for other alternatives.

Really sucks that webcore is gone…

1 Like

Same here. No, haven’t gotten anything going again. I sure do miss webcore.