How to require a pin for the ST app AND how to only be alerted on a particular sensor if the security.mode is armed stay?

Hey guys, just got Smartthings IM7001-V3P01 tonight and I’m trying to setup for security. I’m only using multipurpose sensors right now (IM6001-MPP01) and I need two things which I can’t figure out. 1, the Smartthings app on my phone to require a PIN or fingerprint. 2, to only be alerted when a door opens if the system is armed stay. Ironically I can do #1 in the Smartthings Classic app, but not # 2; and I can do # 2 in the new smartthings app but not #1. I don’t care which app I use but I need both 1 and 2 in one of the apps. Can someone help? Thanks!

Welcome! :sunglasses:

When you say “alerted“ on the sensor, do you mean just receive a notification on your phone? Or are you using one of the paid security services and you need it to also notify the monitoring center?

(Also, I’m not familiar with that hub model number. That doesn’t mean it’s wrong, I just want to make sure we’re talking about the same thing. Different model hubs do have somewhat different features. Could you just check it again to make sure it’s right? The multi sensor one was fine. Thanks!)

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/regions/2/categories/25/products?company=359

1 Like

Anyway, as far as number two, you should be able to do that in the classic app using a “custom alert” in Smart Home Monitor. Did you look at that option?

And the specific section:

When it comes to the classic app, we often say smartthings is very powerful, but not very discoverable. :wink:

1 Like