How to play chosen music through Sonos player

I finally got this to work.

Are you using Alexa to play your Spotify playlists on your Sonos? I donā€™t have Sonos and donā€™t use Spotify. But I have been helping someone with Alexa routines and webcore to play his music. He has not been able to get the Spotify playlist thing working yet (with Alexa).

I was researching how to do this also just to simplify my setup. Right now Iā€™m using SonoSequencr along with an IFTTT call with a virtual switch to trigger all my SONOS to play certain music when I get home or in other situations. It works well but thereā€™s a lot of parts there that need to be setup. SonosSequencr is great and if you want deep control, itā€™s the way to go with or without IFTTT and webCoRE. But, Iā€™ve figured out that if you go into the SmartThings IDE for any of your SONOS speakers, your SONOS favorites are enumerated as Presets in the device details. If you just create a piston in webCoRE to playPreset with a Parameter specified to the preset # of your SONOS favorite, you can kick-off whatever music you want. Seems like a simpler solution and also doesnā€™t require an IFTTT subscription if you want different tunes to play in different situationsā€¦

1 Like