How to get notified when outlet looses power?

I have a smartthings outlet plugged into a GFCI outlet. There is a water pump plugged into the ST outlet… the GCFI trips not an again, leaving no power to the ST outlet or the pump… this causes a bit of a water spill over time…
I am trying to find a way to get an alert when the ST outlet loses power… it does not have to be immediate… a few hours or even a day is fine… Just so I know to go down an reset the GFCI…
I have tried a few things with out luck… since the ST outlet has no power it has to come from the ST hub to check for the missing signal …

I would also like to get and indicator on my action tiles panel… any thoughts?

Thanks in advance…

-Ken

Most people would use the “simple device viewer” for this. It will let you know when a device has not reported into the network for a period of time that you can specify. so it’s not telling you that the power went out, but it is telling you that it hasn’t heard from the device for a while. That sounds like it would work for your use case. :sunglasses:. (We call this a “wellness check.“)

You could ask further questions in the thread for that smart app. (The topic title is a clickable link)

5 Likes

@kleach, if you need a very fast notification when loosing power (like I did), see this post: Detect power out / off at Hub Location with Hub and Internet on UPS

I basically used a common battery powered door/window switch on a no-voltage side of a relay, and wired the other side of the relay to a 110v lamp cord that plugs into the circuit you are trying to monitor. When that circuit loses power, the battery powered door/window switch changes state. In ST you can set your notification to fire and alert you when that switch changes state - nearly immediately. DM me if you have any questions - It has been working great.

I see no wellness check option in the simple device viewer… can you point me to the correct settings page?

I can’t, but if you ask your follow-up question in the author thread, someone there will help you. :sunglasses: