How to enable logging on the hub?

Has anyone gotten logging, or even an edge driver itself, to work on a SmartThings WiFi hub?

Sorry, no news has come up about that, so it is still expected strange behavior using drivers in that kind of Hub.

@nayelyz

So is there an ETA for an expected fix? The firmware that was supposed to enable edge for SmartThings WiFi has been out for months now

Apologies for the confusion but no specific firmware version was defined for the release of this fix. Also, thereā€™s no ETA yet but as soon as I get more information, Iā€™ll share it with you.
I donā€™t know if you saw in other posts that I mentioned I have a list of interested people in this fixā€™s updates so, I will definitely mention you too.

Please include me also on your list.

Thank you

Done! Thank you for reaching out.

Iā€™m interested in this release for fixes for the logging and the edge driver support.

Youā€™re already on the list because you previously made questions about it, @h0ckeysk8er, so, donā€™t worry :smiley:

Hereā€™s a new one - somewhere in the past 2 months (most likely when I enrolled my hub in the edge channel) the SmartThings V2 hub I have switched from IPv4 to IPv6. Not sure if it was smartthings that did this or the Eero router its connected toā€¦ be that as it may, itā€™s running v6 to the router./

ā€¦annnnddddā€¦that means no logging for me. The smartthings CLI doesnā€™t allow for v6 IP addresses with smartthings edge:drivers:logcat ā€¦ any suggestions?

I already asked the team about this. Once I get more info, Iā€™ll let you know.
In your router, could you assign a static IPv4 address for the Hub?

I did, yes.

I would like to switch back to v6 tho, so please let us know when you have an answer

1 Like

I spent a fair amount of time figuring out how to get the log data from my hub. In case anyone else wants to know how to do it this is for a Windows computer:

1. Download the SmartThings Command Line Interface (CLI) program from Releases Ā· SmartThingsCommunity/smartthings-cli Ā· GitHub
  2. Install it.
  3. Open a CMD window
  4. Type ā€œcd C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartThingsā€
  5. Enter ā€œsmartthings edge:drivers:logcatā€
  6. The first time you do this a browser window will open that looks like

log1

Click on ā€œAuthorizeā€. You will probably not have to do this step again
  1. The program will then ask for the IP Address of your SmartThings hub. If you donā€™t know this you can login to your SmartThings account on the web and find the details on your hub which will include itā€™s IP address. Enter your IP address and hit return.
  2. You should see a screen like:

Enter the number, followed by return, that corresponds to the device for which you want to see the log data. The logs should start displaying on the screen.

1 Like