How to disable SONOS on smartthings hub

Is there a way to disable Smartthings interaction with SONOS ? As of some version of code, smartthings started “hearing” all of my sonos speakers and given the complexity of solving problems where they pop up with normal Z-Wave type issues, I’d just as soon disable the SONOS aware feature. When I look at logs, they are full of various messages rated to all of my SONOS speakers. I have no plans to integrate SONOS with smartthings at this time.

Example:
f9d4ee51-14e5-4771-81e3-9faf00e1cbae 9:35:31 PM: debug Not parsing XML message:
<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
<s:Body>
<u:GetVolumeResponse xmlns:u="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:RenderingControl:1">
<CurrentVolume>
</CurrentVolume>
</u:GetVolumeResponse>
</s:Body>
</s:Envelope>
f9d4ee51-14e5-4771-81e3-9faf00e1cbae 9:35:31 PM: trace Extracting current volume
f9d4ee51-14e5-4771-81e3-9faf00e1cbae 9:35:31 PM: trace sonosAction(GetVolume, RenderingControl, /MediaRenderer/RenderingControl/Control, [InstanceID:0, Channel:Master])
f9d4ee51-14e5-4771-81e3-9faf00e1cbae 9:35:31 PM: trace getVolume()
f9d4ee51-14e5-4771-81e3-9faf00e1cbae 9:35:31 PM: trace doPoll

Did you try to delete the device from your device list?
I am not sure I understand why you have your sonos in your ST if you didn’t add it yourself. Maybe I am missing something here.

I agree. This is annoying as crap. Every time I ‘add a thing’ all my sonos speakers get in the way. Then I have to delete all my sonos speakers. There should be a way to disable locating Sonos on Smartthings

1 Like

We’ve asked for a year now, since SuperLAN Connect came out…how to exclude something from being added over and over again. Doubt at this point it will ever happen. So every time I go to add a lightbulb, I have to spend 15mins deleting all my Sonos speakers. I do not have any need for speakers to be connected, nor do I want it until I do… but nope its forced on me.

1 Like

Yes – same here. I have about 15 Sonos speakers in my house. I have to go into the hub and delete each one everytime I add a single device. Its an incredible pain.

1 Like

It is very very annoying…

1 Like

Agreed. And it appears likely no one with control over the feature set of the product cares one whit. You will get the attention of the marketing types by posting a review in the app store where you obtained your phone app -or- in a review of your hub at that vendor’s website.

Good luck! Many of us (and note that group probably includes ST engineering people!) would appreciate this annoying ‘feature’ be a configurable option. :neutral_face:

1 Like