How to Delete Account?

It’s been a long and tiresome ride with SmartThings and due to all of the issues, outages, etc. I would like to close my account. It’s not as straightforward as one would think, so I must be missing it… can someone point me to the delete account button?

3 Likes

Echoing this request, for a different reason: My setup is FUBAR, and needs to be cleared out scorched-earth style.

I’ve factory-reset my hub (and haven’t reconfigured it yet, this is still the old garbage), but when I go to https://graph-na04-useast2.api.smartthings.com/location/list I have 2 Locations listed. When I try to delete the first one, I get a 500 server error. When I try to delete the second one it works for awhile, then tells me I’ve successfully deleted it. But both locations are still there, even after a page refresh.

There should be a way to completely disassociate your account, so I can start over fresh with the same identity.

2 Likes

Support can do it. But it is much quicker to just use an email alias (e.g., oldemail+st2@gmail.com) or different email account entirely to create a new Account.

1 Like