How to Connect Two Lutron Hubs to SmartThings?

lutron

(Ted Murphy) #1

I recently passed the 50 device limit on my Lutron smart hub, so I bought another hub. I now have some lights and shades on one and some on the other and planned to use SmartThings to bring it all together. I have seen that other apps (homesense is one of them) support multiple Lutron hubs, but I can’t seem to figure out a way to do it with the SmartThings app. Any ideas on how to make this work?

At the present time the official integration only supports one Lutron SmartBridge per SmartThings account. :disappointed_relieved: Make sure you send your question into support so they can confirm it and also they get an idea of how many people would like to see that feature.

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us

There is a way around that which is to set up a second SmartBridge using the unofficial integration method, but that will require having an additional device like a raspberry pi acting as a "man in the middle " and is much more technically complex. So the option exists, but it may not be what you’re looking for.

(Rajeev Goel) #3

This is frustrating. I have the same problem. Because I exceed the 50-device limit on Lutron, I had to buy a second Lutron Smart Bridge Pro. But now I can’t add those devices into SmartThings.