How to close Linear GD00Z-4 garage door opener after "X" amount of minutes open?

I want to find a ST app that will close my Linear GD00z-4 after it is left open for"X" amount of minutes all by itself with out me having to check the status of the door.

I can tell ST to lock my doors after so long but can figure out how to get the garage to do this. Thanks in advance for any help.

Check out Rule Machine.

thanks for the reply. I have the app working and it is awesome thanks! Now I just need to play with it. I created the rule I wanted and am testing it. I’ll let you know how it goes. thanks again.

1 Like

@bravenel I am having trouble getting my rule to work. I admit I am not the best at this so maybe you can give me some direction on what I am doing wrong and what I can do to set it up right. here is a pic.

What you have should close the garage door 1 minute after it’s opened. However, you should verify somehow that Rule Machine can actually close the door and actually sees it open. This would depend on the device type in use for your door.

Also, ST had some major issues yesterday that caused many things not to operate properly.

@bravenel sorry but where do I verify somehow that Rule Machine can actually close the door and actually sees it open?

@bravenel never mind it just worked fine with no problem must have been a ST issue. Thanks for the help.

1 Like