How has SmartThings affected you?

I actually have 4 of these devices. You do not need to touch the screen to active Alexa. They have come a very long way since launch and have a very strong team to make improvements weekly. This is going to be the next big smart home device. They are working on multiple smart home integrations as well.

1 Like

You have 4 of the Nucleus intercoms and you donā€™t have to touch anything to activate Alexa? Because I just asked a friend of mine who got two from Amaxon and he says he still does. And I see there are two reviews on Amazon from this week that both say it is not hands-free and they are hoping that it will be in the future. Are you in a beta program?

Also, do you have to touch the device to use the intercom?

@Andy_Armijo is your nucleus now touch free for any functions?

It would be great if it was, I just havenā€™t heard that anywhere else. :sunglasses:

As of now, only Alexa is hands free. As I mentioned before, they are doing lots of improvements and taking customer feedback very seriously. I can see more hands free features coming soon.

Of course alexa is hands free. Iā€™m not sure why anyone would think alexa required hands. Thatā€™s the point. I think perhaps the discrepancy is in hands free calling from room to room, because alexa canā€™t handle that. Iā€™ll make a video if anyone wants to debate me on this.

Alexa works two different ways. Even on Amazon devices. The Amazon echo is totally hands-free. The Amazon tap and the Amazon fire TV voice remote both require pressing a button to get Alexa to listen. So itā€™s not surprising that some third-party devices would require a button.

But Iā€™m glad to hear that that is not true for the nucleus. :sunglasses:

Do the nucleus play prime music, audible, and read kindle books in alexa voice, like the echos do?

Yes. I thought that was pretty cool cause this is my first go with alexa. I would love that feature if I could play it through sonos. Iā€™m sure there is a way.

Go ahead. Point out my ignorance again lol. But yeah no button press needed on this.

1 Like

I am still playing around with it and havenā€™t tested much, but I know it does play prime music. I havenā€™t tried the others. The majority of the development side of Alexa on Nucleus is done by Amazon. Any updates or upgrade have to be done by Amazon, Nucleus doesnā€™t have control over it.

1 Like