When we are away for more than two or three days, we have friends check in on our cats. I’m curious to see how others do this. I would like to pull some collective intelligence and trial/error.
- Overall how are you configured?
- What SmartApps do you use?
I set the house to Away mode when we are gone (obviously).
What we have:
- Kwikset locks and doors have Multi-sensors on them to tell us when they are open or closed. Not everyone uses a code, though.
- The main area they would walk into has zwave dimmers, so I can turn on and off lights with the proper SmartApp(s).
- There is are also two motion sensors on the first floor in key areas that can sense when the house has “quieted down”. I already use that process for Good night.