How do I do this as I don't think I will find a switch

I am having a mold issue around my bathtub. I need the exhaust fan to run longer. I would like to setup a webcore to turn off after say an hour. The fan is tied to one of those itty bitty switches on the right. Any ideas how to set something up.
Thanks

If you have room in that junction box (which looks like it might be tight, considering you have 4 loads terminated there, and one smart switch already) you could use one of these:

If you don’t have room, you might be able to install the nano switch in the canopy of your fan, depending on how it’s wired.

Either way, you’d use the existing switch for local control of the nano switch, which would in turn control the fan.

Add a humidity sensor in the bathroom for even more control. I have mine set to run the fan as long as the humidity is much higher than the humidity measured in my bedroom.

1 Like

First, I know it’s not relevant to this particular use case, but The nano switch works great for European sockets, which generally max out at 10 A. Not all models will meet code for US sockets, which are 15 A. So I just wanted to mention that for anyone who followed the link.

If it was me, in your case I would probably try to do as @NorCalLights suggested and keep the existing switch and put the nano up in the wall near the fan to control just the fan. That would simplify the wiring project quite a bit if there is room in the fan canopy.

edited for clarity after @ogiewon’s post below to say that different models are different, so always check the specs.

1 Like

I had a simular issue in my bathroom, i tried a lot of different things but in the end i payed an electrician to expand my 2 gang to a 3 gang and just run individual switches to each load. It was a bit spendy, but in the end worth it and its one more option.

2 Likes

JD… you’ve definitely done more research than I have on these gadgets… but I was curious about the load ratings so I did some digging into the single Nano Switch.

In the spec for the Single Nano Switch, this is what is stated…

All versions are compatible to these voltage levels:

110/120VAC 50/60Hz with Max: 15A (1 phase only)

or 220-240VAC 50/60Hz with Max: 10A. (1 phase only)

I did find this on their site as well, which does have a 10A max load for the Dual Nano Switch

Nano Switch can control up to 15 amps of power while Dual Nano Switch can control up to 10 amps. 

So, I guess it depends on whether one chooses the Single versus the Dual Nano Switch to determine its max load rating.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying that for me. It had me scratching my head a bit since I have two of these working in the US currently.