How do I add another Android mobile phone (presence)

I just upgraded my phone from a Note5 to a Note8.
Now how do I add my new phone, or at least switch the presence from my old phone?

The instruction at the top no longer works.
There is no presence setting under the Home settings under the map.

Goto Marketplace / Sensors / Presence Sensors / Mobile Phone.

After you have added the new phone you can try this:

In IDE

1. Copy the network id from your current phone somewhere to keep as a backup.
  2. Copy the Network ID of the phone you just added and place that to the side.
  3. Delete the New phone you just added.
  4. Copy the Network ID into your existing phone and update it.

You may have to go back into your Geofence and make an update to the location to kick things back into gear.

This will save you the trouble of having to update all your Routines and SmartApps.

If that doesn’t work, put the old network id back, and then add the new phone again.

Then go into Things in the mobile app and select your Old Phone and then go over to the SmartApps tab. Open up everything that your old phone belongs to, and add the new phone and remove the old phone. Do that for everything your phone belonged to.

I’m trying to set up my wife’s Android phone with Smartthings.

I installed the app on her phone I created an online account for her, installed the Smartthings app on her phone, then sent her an invitation from my existing account.

Receiving the invitation on her email, I accepted and was taken to the login for the app. It shows the location, but there are no Things, it’s an empty account. When I try to add a Thing, I’m asked to enter a code…I assume for the Hub. When I put in the code for the hub, I get an error.

I’m stuck, and appreciate any help.

Did you ever get this figured out? I was trying to figure out to add a new household member.

Sorry for this late response, and I wish I could help you but, yes, I finally got it working but I’ll be darned if I can offer you any guidance on what or how I did it.

My usual course is to go through the motions X times and eventually get it working.