How do I add another Android mobile phone (presence)

Is there any update on this setting? I also received my starter pack, as I’m sure many have, and would like to get my wife setup as soon as we can.

Also wondering the status of this? Thx

Hi,

Like hundreds/thousands of other customers I too recently received my Hub v2.0. I and my wife both are Android smartphone users and I would like to set her phone as Presence Device as soon as possible. Please provide an application update ASAP and enable this essential features.

I added people by going to the things screen them add a device and selecting coming and going which let me select the phone I was on. Once I connected the people I wanted to know the presence of I uninstalled it on their phone and it seems to stay connected without allowing them access.

2 Likes

I would also like an update on the status of this required feature. @Tyler any ETA or workaround for this issue?

Thanks,

I too have an iOS iPhone 6 and purchased the v2 ( first smart thing hub I ever bought ) under the pretense that I could have multiple users and I have my alarm set when "everyone leaves " which at this point means only me since I can’t add anyone else … As of last time I tried , it still says "coming soon "

So what does “Coming Soon” mean to SmartThings?

On Android as well and can’t link my wife’s Android phone. Hopefully this is fixed soon…

Edit: Can’t do this on iOS either. This is a real bummer.

2 Likes

I am still waiting on this feature

Any update ST/Sammy?

This worked for me. Added my partners G4 to the presence devices. Works a treat

Yeah, I had to sign in to the ST app on my wife’s phone, and then add it as a presence device and change the name to her phone’s name. Seems to be working though.

I did the same for it to work… but i notice the it take much longer to detect my wife has left the house.

Is there a way to change the setting for distance?

I too am trying to add my wife’s phone as a user so she can control lights, etc. Android app says coming soon. I logged into the smartthing app on her phone with my credentials but that gives us an error message when it comes to detecting her phone (presence)

I’m on IPhone 6+ with iOS 9…same problems and the workaround isn’t working. Any updates, anyone?

Add a second User is broken at the present time. We’re told it’s being worked on. No release timeline has been given. Platform architecture issue, and affects all versions of the mobile app.

Being tracked in the following topic:

2 Likes

what a fail…i have been told every time that I ask , “Check next week, we plan to real ease it by then” several times…well we are weeks and weeks in and still nothing …disappointing…

This worked for me. I humbly thank you for helping out the community. :slight_smile:

Two years later. What’s the progress on adding this feature?

1 Like

If you mean adding additional users, it was fixed over a year ago. :sunglasses:

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/206531123-How-do-I-share-my-account-and-manage-users-

Hello,
I just added my wife as a user. However, I don’t see the mobile presence selection on her phone. How do I enable?

2 Likes