Honeywell Wi-Fi Thermostats - Total Comfort Connect App

It showed for a while in SharpTools as well. I had 24 options versus 12 in SmartThings. However, after I reconnected TCC, I lost the extra 12 options from SharpTools. Resume program didn’t work even when it was available.

Corrected: My refresh is working. It just gets ST to poll the thermostat for current settings. Useful, I guess, because updates to ST from the thermostat (or polls, or however ST gets it) are no longer at short intervals. Last time I checked it took ST overnight to obtain a settings change performed mid-evening.

If you create an automation in SmartThings, there is an option for resume program? I no longer have that option with my thermostats.

Crap, got my commands mixed up. I corrected my post above. My refresh is working.

I do not have a resume program in either SmartThings or webcore. I do have it in Sharptools rule engine but it doesn’t work.

@Bry & @rcbjr2 , a workaround would be using the HTTP Action in the SharpTools Rule Engine to trigger the applet in IFTTT to resume program since the command is still supported in IFTTT. HTTP Action is currently available for beta users, so send us a note at support@sharptools.io if you are not currently a SharpTools beta tester, but would like to join the beta tester group and give it a try. :wink:

Here is the screenshot of the HTTP Action in Rule Engine:

2 Likes

I’ve been a beta tester almost since SharpTools first came out. I think I have early adopter status when I log into SharpTools.io. I don’t have IFTTT but I guess I can install it and check it out, although it might require a subscription for more than a few things. Thanks.

@rcbjr2 The HTTP Action is a premium-only feature, but if you can send your SharpTools account/email to support@sharptools.io, I’d be more than happy to reset your trial so you can try it out before having to subscribe. :wink:

I realize this thread is old but my thermostats always seem to be offline in SmartThings app. This means I can change temp using SmartThings or SharpTools. Is there a way to fix this? Do I need to force a refresh now and then? I’ve disconnected and reconnected the thermostats several times, but they don’t stay connected. Thoughts? Thanks.

I haven’t had that issue. Once I reconnected the thermostat after the last set of changes, it has stayed connected, I think. I say “I think” because I don’t really do much with the thermostat in ST, particularly after the last set of changes removed the ability to set a permanent hold and resume via ST.

Having the thermostat connected is still of some benefit, however. Even though I typically make manual changes via the Honeywell app, it’s nice to have it connected via ST so that you can query Alexa or Google Home to ask about the settings. That’s where the refresh command comes into play. ST doesn’t seem to poll the thermostat all that often, so I trigger a refresh via motion sensors and the like to force ST to go get the current settings regularly.

1 Like

I’ve emailed Samsung to see if I can get any help. Every time I try to do something with a Thermostat, it goes to Offline. I can watch it in the IDE. It might say Online, but if I do something with it in the SmartThings app, it immediately goes to Offline. I can’t control the Thermostats with any type of automation (SmartThings or SharpTools). I create a whole routine that would mimic resumeProgram in SharpTools, but no command to change temp from SharpTools ever works. I wonder if it works in Hubitat? I use SimpliSafe as well, and I control it with SmartThings now, but I think that’s probably going away once the IDE goes away but the guy that wrote the DTH here has moved over there. I think I could run both hubs for a while, anyway. Thanks.