Honeywell rth6580 issues

Argh, darn yay, ugh… Ok I guess I have to listen to support.

If I do what support told me to do, I’ll be waiting for them to email me when the issue is resolved.

Since the DTH moved to this new shape eric182 shows in his initial post, I also have troubles to switch On->Cool->Heat.
Once it is in one state (let’s say Cool), I have to press 2 times the tile to get Heat working. Otherwise, it doesn’t show an empty square then state goes back to the state I was already in.

My log shows:

‎6‎:‎41‎:‎53‎ ‎PM: debug refresh() Executing parent poll
6‎:‎41‎:‎23‎ ‎PM: debug thermostatModeChange: heat → Heat [<== That’s where nothing happens]
81b49d4d-cfb2-4cf3-911c-e56fa7156b2c ‎6‎:‎41‎:‎13‎ ‎PM: debug thermostatModeChange: cool → Heat [<==That’s second time I press the tile]
‎6‎:‎41‎:‎06‎ ‎PM: debug refresh() Executing parent poll
6‎:‎40‎:‎35‎ ‎PM: debug thermostatModeChange: cool → Cool [<== that’s where nothing happens]
‎6‎:‎40‎:‎31‎ ‎PM: debug thermostatModeChange: off → Cool

Anyone knows where I can get the DTH code? looks to be quite trival bug like state/event firing issue.

Seems other guys on reddit have posted things too in the last days.
I contacted TCC Honeywell who said they are not involved in the DTH so filed a support request to SmartThings support

Removing and re-adding my thermostats fixed my issue where I couldn’t change temp but now I see I get no status of when it’s running. Although that has never seemed to work well but seems totally broke now.

ST support told me they are aware of the issue:

(SmartThings)
Oct 27, 3:43 PM MST
He,
This is currently a known issue that is being worked on for a solution. As soon as we hear any new updates or a resolution has been found for this issue, we will follow up with you via email.
We apologize for the inconvenience this bug has caused, but if you do have any other questions please let us know.
Kind Regards,
Support Technician II
SmartThings

You are right not to do it. That doesn’t solve anything

Still no answers from anyone on this? Support told me they were working on this issue 3 weeks ago.

It looks like it’s working again, well at least it’s reporting thermostatOperatingState because my Keen vents are operating correctly again.

Mine seems to report fine, but changing the temperatures is still an issue. I just noticed that there are multiple device types in IDE. Switching mine from Honeywell TCC 6000 Thermostat to Honeywell TCC Thermostat allows it to work correctly.

To clarify is this the model that you guys are using? I’m curious because I am in the market for a thermostat but I didnt see the Honeywell wifi one on the ST supported list. Thanks in advance!

Yes, that is the one I have. And it is working again now. Although we didn’t get an official email from Smartthings saying that They had fixed it

1 Like

This is the one I have, I also checked changing the temp and it seems to work fine.

1 Like

Thanks guys good to hear that it is working again, I know there is a lot of info on the community page about HW thermostats but I’m having a hard time finding info that is still relevant.

I read that people use the “Total connect portal/API” to connect it to ST. Can you expand on this, is there a smartapp or custom DTH on the ST side that is needed, how did you connect it to ST?

This is how I connected mine.

did it matter what model you chose (VisionPRO, 9000, 6000) since the rth6580WF isnt listed under thermostats in the marketplace?

I have the 6580 and I did not have any problems.

That’s the one I have as well.

Did you have to change the device type? Or is yours still set to the 6000 version?

I did not change the device type. Whatever ST assigned to it through the total connect API is what it is.